• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adding an M4 style Buttstock to your Glock

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

From the manufactures FAQ page:
Do I need a special permit or licence to buy your product?

No. Anyone can buy it, but if you plan on adding a stock to it and connecting it to your handgun you should be filing a Form 1 with the ATF because you are turning your handgun into a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR).

coolusername2007

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Adding a shoulder stock to any handgun would create a short barreled rifle (SBR). SBR's are regulated under the National Firearms Act in the same manner that machine guns are regulated. The penalties for making a unregistered SBR are severe.
Why am I not surprised.

cato

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Well maybe I'll buy one and include it in my 72 hour bag. Or keep it with my "when the SHTF kit".

Bad idea. Even if the stock is not connected federal law allows for prosecution for "constructive possession" of a SBR (meaning if you own all the parts it's the same as if they're connected). You'd be safe under CA law (no constructive possession) but not Fed.

If you could get the tax stamp you'd be gtg but Ca. won't allow it so the Feds won't issue the stamp.

this thread covers the specifics http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=82693

(and note this topic is outside of my normal "specialty" so do your own verification)

art work by Oleg Volk