• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 203 (restaurant carry) 2nd hearing scheduled!

zack991

imported post

HB 203 (restaurant carry) 2nd hearing scheduled! Written by Daniel White Thursday, 10 December 2009 15:58 House Bill 203, the bill Ohioans For Concealed Carry drafted in conjunction with Representatives Danny Bupb and Jarrod Martin, has been tentatively schedule for its second reading and PROPONENT testimony to the Public Safety and Homeland Security committee on Tuesday, January 12 at 3:00pm. This date will likely not be confirmed until the week prior.

This important fix would add restaurants to the current exemption that covers class D retail stores provided the licensee is not consuming alcohol.The bill was cosponsored by 16 other legislators, including Representatives Adams, J., Amstutz, Blair, Combs, Hall, Huffman, Jones, Jordan, Maag, McGregor, Sears, Snitchler, Uecker, Wachtmann, Wagner, and Zehringer. This hearing is for proponent testimony and anyone can speak in favor of the bill. Anyone interested in testifying is requested to provide 30 copies of testimony to the office of House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee Chairwoman Linda Bolon 24 hours prior to the meeting.

If you are able to attend this hearing, we urge you to join us. We want to pack the room to show our support. If you have one, please wear your blue OFCC shirt and khaki pants so we can show unity.
If you are planning to attend, parking is usually available under the statehouse. Various public parking garages are available around the statehouse. For directions to the Statehouse go to the Google Map below and click on "Directions: To Here" -- enter your starting address and follow the directions.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Seems like a waste of time if they wont just amend the preemption bill and throw in OC in cars,bars, restaurants,and state colleges and schools if your an adult.

But I guess you cannot have everything and God fobid this state being a gold star state.

Bustelo5%

imported post

There also needs to be Legislation such as this that protects Security Officers who have their Opota cert from improper carry say if you carry in a CZP,I work in one all day long and my job dosent end when Im off work.