Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking to meet locals (milwaukee/cudahy area)

Post imported post

Just wondering if there are any other OC'ers in my area. I live in Cudahy near layton ave and lake dr.

I would like to meet some other OC'ers in the area, and maybe make some new friends in a mutual hobby.

My wife and me are also into Jeeps and Motorcycles, so perhaps we could even combine those interests.

Thanks.

Post imported post

Welcome to the group, I used to live in Cudahy. I am into bikes also. Dont havea Harley but a big Honda cruiser. I am in Greenfield now.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

no need for a harley. I ride a Suzuki Volusia cruiser, and the wife rides a ninja sport bike. i ride with anybody.

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    no need for a harley. I ride a Suzuki Volusia cruiser, and the wife rides a ninja sport bike. i ride with anybody.
    Ah, the ninja. That was the bike that fired my passion for bikes. I saved all winter working at Kopps on 76th in order to buy the ninja. And then at the last minute I purchased the brand new Hurricane 1000 that came out. I loved that bike too at the time but I just saw a picture of one the other day and damn, I gotta say, it's a fairly ugly bike.

But the ninja is what peaked my interest. This past summer I bought a GSX650F which I'm really happy with. My back can't handle the full sport bike anymore. I'm hoping Suzuki exports the 1350 version to the US next year- I might have to pick it up.

edit: I said 1350 but actually it's a 1250 due out in France for '10, haven't heard if it'll be exported to the US yet

I'll tag along for anymore rides this year. I'm hoping for a day or two of riding before the permanent snow settles in.

I go to Oakland Gyros on Layton at least twice a month. I might just get one more trip in...

Post imported post

gbu28...........where you located??? i put the wifes bike away for the winter already, but i keep mine on standby. depending on weather and if the roads are clear or not, i ride through the winter.

Post imported post

I work in downtown Milwaukee for the moment (trying to find a new job) but I live out in Sussex.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

I dont ride in the winter, dont like cleaning or replacing chrome

I will be happy to ride this spring, summer and fall however:celebrate

I also attend the Midwest Motorcycle Rally in LaCrosse Wi in July.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

I live in St. Francis, just off Layton. Have liscence just no bike. Tranny came first last year
    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
    -Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor

Now I lay me down to sleep
    Beside my bed a Tuarus I keep
    If I awake to find you inside
    A coroner's van will be your next ride.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Anybody into the old honda CB-750's or the honda 750-4??

I have 3 of them I can part out, or sell whole for parts. (no Titles)

My last street bike was a 1983 Suzuki GS-1100E, And I got this as a senior in high school in 1983 andI survived! Now I am planning on getting an HD road king, or a road glide since my need for speed has wained a little.

Post imported post

I actually have a 1980 cb750f supersport that i need to straighten out some title paperwork on, and then i wanna clean it up properly, and either keep it to play or sell it.

on the other hand if a good offer comes along for cash or barter i'll let it go too.

sounds like there are a few people in the immediate area, and some not to far away. we'll have to get together sometime and have a small "meet and greet". couple drinks and some cigarettes just to say hi. LOL

Post imported post

The title for this thread looks like a personal add "looking to meet locals." lol.

Somehow this just turned into a motorcycle discussion. I'm a computer geek so I better get out of this thread!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

You aren't the only "nerd" in this thread. :P
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Somewhere in nerd-on-a-motorcycle is an oxymaroon.

Does anyone else remember Nude in a White Car, Toi, le venin?

Post imported post

Doug's humor is lost on me, but I'm also an avid rider. I live about a half hour north of Milwaukee and am always looking for folks to ride with.

I haven't ridden much since August due to a recent surgery, but am looking forward to my first ride of next spring.

Geoff

P.S. I'm also a nerd on a bike. Suzuki GSX750F (Katana) looking to switch to a cruiser in the near future.

Post imported post

Hey, Geoff , don't worry it's not you, Doug's Humor is lost on EVERYONE... I had one of these , 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 , which i bought new in 1998 , sold it in 2003 , miss that bike.....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote
    I had one of these , 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 , which i bought new in 1998 , sold it in 2003 , miss that bike.....
    I looked at that pic and said 'I know that bike'. Do you want another Vulcan? I've got a '95 Vulcan 1500 for sale. Damn that thing is fast. The girl I bought it from was buying a Harley and lamenting her loss. Said the new Harley was slower than her old Vulcan.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    I had one of these , 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 , which i bought new in 1998 , sold it in 2003 , miss that bike.....
    One word:

BUBF

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Hey cobbersmom, You need to take a look at the "Titan" motorcycle (built in AZ by the lates Titan motorcycle company)that hollywood has got for sale. It has great lookingpaint, and enough engine in it to make to widlest of speed freakswear a permanent smile.
    Or I could see you on a "Boss Hoss" with a 501 Cubic Inch big-block Chevy between your legs. Add some nitrous, and a backrest to keep you on the bike when you get into the throttle, you'll be all set for speed.

If money was no object, I would be on a "Y2K superbike" made by MTT .
    Here are some specs on the bike http://www.marineturbine.com/motorcycles.asp
    Engine: Rolls Royce Allison, 250 series gas turbine
    Power: 320-hp @ 52,000-rpm, (286-hp @ rear wheel)
    Torque: 425-ft/lbs @ 2,000-rpm
    Transmission: 2-speed, automatic
    Lubrication: dry-sump/3.5-qts turbine oil
    Frame: aluminum alloy

Post imported post

Cobbersmom wrote:
    Glock34 wrote
    I looked at that pic and said 'I know that bike'. Do you want another Vulcan? I've got a '95 Vulcan 1500 for sale. Damn that thing is fast. The girl I bought it from was buying a Harley and lamenting her loss. Said the new Harley was slower than her old Vulcan.
    I would luv to, thanks for the heads up, but currently no money for such a nice toy.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Jason from Grafton here...

'09 Ninja 650r

Love to meet up with other OC'ers to ride...come spring that is...the ninja's a bike, not a sled...lol

Actually, this thread has sparked a question...

Can we OC on our bikes? I know you're not supposed to in a car, because it's not visible, yadda yadda yadda, but on a bike, it's completely visible........

Hmmm....Not sure if it's addressed in the statutes, I'll have to look later, unless someone has an answer for me.

Thanks, and look forward to some rides this spring!!!!

Jay

Post imported post

icepik wrote:

'09 Ninja 650r

Love to meet up with other OC'ers to ride...come spring that is...the ninja's a bike, not a sled...lol

Can we OC on our bikes? I know you're not supposed to in a car, because it's not visible, yadda yadda yadda, but on a bike, it's completely visible........

Hmmm....Not sure if it's addressed in the statutes, I'll have to look later, unless someone has an answer for me.

Jay
    No carrying on the bike. Or a wheelchair, or a scooter, or a bicycle.

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    gbu28...........where you located??? i put the wifes bike away for the winter already, but i keep mine on standby. depending on weather and if the roads are clear or not, i ride through the winter.
    Born and raised right off Oklahoma and Howell. Raised in Greenfield. Now live about a mile from UWM. But my backyard is a 20 mile radius so I'm always on the south-side der hey. And west. And north. And east when I get the kayak out.

Post imported post

gbu28 wrote:
    icepik wrote:

'09 Ninja 650r

Jay
    No carrying on the bike. Or a wheelchair, or a scooter, or a bicycle.
    Is that spelled out in statutes, or your interpretation? (Not arguing, just curious)

Post imported post

I'm sure someone else knows it exactly but I'll give you my interpretation of it.

Carrying a weapon in a vehicle, regardless of how visible it is, is considered carrying a concealed weapon. (I think that was a court ruling)

Additionally, a vehicle is defined in the statutes as being what we all think of as a vehicle plus wheelchairs, bicycles, scooters, and a couple of other odd things.

I'm sure there is a thread here which defines exactly the statutes and court case(s). I'll see if I can find it...

edit- Thank to protias below...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast