• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking to meet locals (milwaukee/cudahy area)

scorpio_vette

imported post

Just wondering if there are any other OC'ers in my area. I live in Cudahy near layton ave and lake dr.

I would like to meet some other OC'ers in the area, and maybe make some new friends in a mutual hobby.

My wife and me are also into Jeeps and Motorcycles, so perhaps we could even combine those interests.

Thanks.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Welcome to the group, I used to live in Cudahy. I am into bikes also. Dont havea Harley but a big Honda cruiser. I am in Greenfield now.

scorpio_vette

imported post

no need for a harley. I ride a Suzuki Volusia cruiser, and the wife rides a ninja sport bike. i ride with anybody.

gbu28

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
no need for a harley. I ride a Suzuki Volusia cruiser, and the wife rides a ninja sport bike. i ride with anybody.

Ah, the ninja. That was the bike that fired my passion for bikes. I saved all winter working at Kopps on 76th in order to buy the ninja. And then at the last minute I purchased the brand new Hurricane 1000 that came out. I loved that bike too at the time but I just saw a picture of one the other day and damn, I gotta say, it's a fairly ugly bike.

But the ninja is what peaked my interest. This past summer I bought a GSX650F which I'm really happy with. My back can't handle the full sport bike anymore. I'm hoping Suzuki exports the 1350 version to the US next year- I might have to pick it up.

edit: I said 1350 but actually it's a 1250 due out in France for '10, haven't heard if it'll be exported to the US yet

I'll tag along for anymore rides this year. I'm hoping for a day or two of riding before the permanent snow settles in. :)

I go to Oakland Gyros on Layton at least twice a month. I might just get one more trip in...

scorpio_vette

imported post

gbu28...........where you located??? i put the wifes bike away for the winter already, but i keep mine on standby. depending on weather and if the roads are clear or not, i ride through the winter.

protias

imported post

I work in downtown Milwaukee for the moment (trying to find a new job) but I live out in Sussex.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I dont ride in the winter, dont like cleaning or replacing chrome:lol:

I will be happy to ride this spring, summer and fall however:celebrate

I also attend the Midwest Motorcycle Rally in LaCrosse Wi in July.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Anybody into the old honda CB-750's or the honda 750-4??

I have 3 of them I can part out, or sell whole for parts. (no Titles)

My last street bike was a 1983 Suzuki GS-1100E, And I got this as a senior in high school in 1983 andI survived! Now I am planning on getting an HD road king, or a road glide since my need for speed has wained a little.

scorpio_vette

imported post

I actually have a 1980 cb750f supersport that i need to straighten out some title paperwork on, and then i wanna clean it up properly, and either keep it to play or sell it.

on the other hand if a good offer comes along for cash or barter i'll let it go too. :lol::lol::lol:

sounds like there are a few people in the immediate area, and some not to far away. we'll have to get together sometime and have a small "meet and greet". couple drinks and some cigarettes just to say hi. LOL

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The title for this thread looks like a personal add "looking to meet locals." lol.

Somehow this just turned into a motorcycle discussion. I'm a computer geek so I better get out of this thread!

Geoff

imported post

Doug's humor is lost on me, but I'm also an avid rider. I live about a half hour north of Milwaukee and am always looking for folks to ride with.

I haven't ridden much since August due to a recent surgery, but am looking forward to my first ride of next spring.

Geoff

P.S. I'm also a nerd on a bike. Suzuki GSX750F (Katana) looking to switch to a cruiser in the near future.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey, Geoff , don't worry it's not you, Doug's Humor is lost on EVERYONE... I had one of these , 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 , which i bought new in 1998 , sold it in 2003 :( , miss that bike.....:(

Cobbersmom

imported post

Glock34 wrote
I had one of these , 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 , which i bought new in 1998 , sold it in 2003 :( , miss that bike.....:(
I looked at that pic and said 'I know that bike'. Do you want another Vulcan? I've got a '95 Vulcan 1500 for sale. Damn that thing is fast. The girl I bought it from was buying a Harley and lamenting her loss. Said the new Harley was slower than her old Vulcan.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Hey cobbersmom, You need to take a look at the "Titan" motorcycle (built in AZ by the lates Titan motorcycle company)that hollywood has got for sale. It has great lookingpaint, and enough engine in it to make to widlest of speed freakswear a permanent smile.
Or I could see you on a "Boss Hoss" with a 501 Cubic Inch big-block Chevy between your legs. Add some nitrous, and a backrest to keep you on the bike when you get into the throttle, you'll be all set for speed.

If money was no object, I would be on a "Y2K superbike" made by MTT .
Here are some specs on the bike http://www.marineturbine.com/motorcycles.asp
Engine: Rolls Royce Allison, 250 series gas turbine
Power: 320-hp @ 52,000-rpm, (286-hp @ rear wheel)
Torque: 425-ft/lbs @ 2,000-rpm
Transmission: 2-speed, automatic
Lubrication: dry-sump/3.5-qts turbine oil
Frame: aluminum alloy

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cobbersmom wrote:
Glock34 wrote
I had one of these , 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 , which i bought new in 1998 , sold it in 2003 :( , miss that bike.....:(
I looked at that pic and said 'I know that bike'. Do you want another Vulcan? I've got a '95 Vulcan 1500 for sale. Damn that thing is fast. The girl I bought it from was buying a Harley and lamenting her loss. Said the new Harley was slower than her old Vulcan.
I would luv to, thanks for the heads up, but currently no money for such a nice toy.:)