Thread: need help

Post imported post

Ok I have finaly made the decision to quit smoking my Mrs. made a deal with me that if i quit i get a new gun or two if i have the money for two. but i am going to have to vent when the cravings come lol....... i know this isnt "gun" related but it is cause if no when im of the smokes i get new guns. so if i am here venting im sorry

Post imported post

It's OK dude it's for a good cause!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I was just thinking of quitting also. I had the same offer made to me. I figured out at 1 pack per day it equals on the low end $180-$200/month. That adds up nicely to be able to add to the collection. Best of luck with it.

Post imported post

freightman360 wrote:
    Ok I have finaly made the decision to quit smoking my Mrs. made a deal with me that if i quit i get a new gun or two if i have the money for two. but i am going to have to vent when the cravings come lol....... i know this isnt "gun" related but it is cause if no when im of the smokes i get new guns. so if i am here venting im sorry
    Funny enough it sounds like my agreement with my wife except I had to give up motorcycles. I quit smoking 13 years ago so I know exactly what you're talking about It took me about a year to fully quit. My biggest problem was going to the bar and drinking beer. I was conditioned to need a cig with my beer. To be honest the feeling like you need a cigarette never goes away. At least thats the way it's been for me. It just gets easier to deal with the longer you've quit. After 14 years I still feel like I need one sometimes but I dont. I would probably barf if I did after keeping the nicotine at bay for so long.

Mike

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum Freightman!

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    freightman360 wrote:
    Funny enough it sounds like my agreement with my wife except I had to give up motorcycles. I quit smoking 13 years ago so I know exactly what you're talking about It took me about a year to fully quit. My biggest problem was going to the bar and drinking beer. I was conditioned to need a cig with my beer. To be honest the feeling like you need a cigarette never goes away. At least thats the way it's been for me. It just gets easier to deal with the longer you've quit. After 14 years I still feel like I need one sometimes but I dont. I would probably barf if I did after keeping the nicotine at bay for so long.

Mike
    Reformed smokers never really get to a point where"the urge" truely goes away. I quit for 12 years and started back up 15 years ago. In those 12 years, I don't recall ever not having the urge to light up, but somehow managed to do so.

So, $200/month x 12 months = $2400/year. Yup, that would certainly buy some nice guns & ammo.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I don't use the term "quit" I say stopped. The reason is, for me, I think once a smoker, always a smoker. I stopped in 1982 and haven't had the urge since then. Same with alcohol, stopped in 97 and haven't had the urge since. Every one is different. I just simply willed my self to stop and did. Must have been the right time for me. Promises made to myself and family are promises kept. Now dippin' baccie is a "whole nother smoke" my mouth still waters when I see an ad for snuff.springerdave.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Don't worry, soon enough our communist government is going to outlaw smokes altogether. Then it will be real easy to quit.

I recently gave up smoking in the house for the new baby; now I won't be able to smoke in the breakroom at work or when the wife and I go out for dinner! I've got almost nowhere left!
    United we STAND!

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Don't get me started on our "communist government":X.springerdave.

Post imported post

Once our communist / fascist government pass the Hussein Health Care bill, they will control diet, dangerous activities, smoking, drinking , guns, weight, birth, death...