• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need help

cmac1108

imported post

Ok I have finaly made the decision to quit smoking my Mrs. made a deal with me that if i quit i get a new gun or two if i have the money for two. but i am going to have to vent when the cravings come lol....... i know this isnt "gun" related but it is cause if no when im of the smokes i get new guns. so if i am here venting im sorry

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I was just thinking of quitting also. I had the same offer made to me. I figured out at 1 pack per day it equals on the low end $180-$200/month. That adds up nicely to be able to add to the collection. Best of luck with it.

mikestilly

imported post

freightman360 wrote:
Ok I have finaly made the decision to quit smoking my Mrs. made a deal with me that if i quit i get a new gun or two if i have the money for two. but i am going to have to vent when the cravings come lol....... i know this isnt "gun" related but it is cause if no when im of the smokes i get new guns. so if i am here venting im sorry

Funny enough it sounds like my agreement with my wife except I had to give up motorcycles. I quit smoking 13 years ago so I know exactly what you're talking about :) It took me about a year to fully quit. My biggest problem was going to the bar and drinking beer. I was conditioned to need a cig with my beer. To be honest the feeling like you need a cigarette never goes away. At least thats the way it's been for me. It just gets easier to deal with the longer you've quit. After 14 years I still feel like I need one sometimes but I dont. I would probably barf if I did after keeping the nicotine at bay for so long.

Mike

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
freightman360 wrote:

Funny enough it sounds like my agreement with my wife except I had to give up motorcycles. I quit smoking 13 years ago so I know exactly what you're talking about :) It took me about a year to fully quit. My biggest problem was going to the bar and drinking beer. I was conditioned to need a cig with my beer. To be honest the feeling like you need a cigarette never goes away. At least thats the way it's been for me. It just gets easier to deal with the longer you've quit. After 14 years I still feel like I need one sometimes but I dont. I would probably barf if I did after keeping the nicotine at bay for so long.

Mike

Reformed smokers never really get to a point where"the urge" truely goes away. I quit for 12 years and started back up 15 years ago. In those 12 years, I don't recall ever not having the urge to light up, but somehow managed to do so.

So, $200/month x 12 months = $2400/year. Yup, that would certainly buy some nice guns & ammo. :)

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

I don't use the term "quit" I say stopped. The reason is, for me, I think once a smoker, always a smoker. I stopped in 1982 and haven't had the urge since then. Same with alcohol, stopped in 97 and haven't had the urge since. Every one is different. I just simply willed my self to stop and did. Must have been the right time for me. Promises made to myself and family are promises kept. Now dippin' baccie is a "whole nother smoke" my mouth still waters when I see an ad for snuff:uhoh:.springerdave.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Don't worry, soon enough our communist government is going to outlaw smokes altogether. Then it will be real easy to quit. :uhoh:

I recently gave up smoking in the house for the new baby; now I won't be able to smoke in the breakroom at work or when the wife and I go out for dinner! I've got almost nowhere left! :banghead:

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Once our communist / fascist government pass the Hussein Health Care bill, they will control diet, dangerous activities, smoking, drinking , guns, weight, birth, death...:cuss: