• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonald v. Chicago

Ajetpilot

imported post

I just took a look at the SCOTUS wiki regarding McDonald v. Chicago. I didn't realise that the issue was so limited.

Issue: Whether the Second Amendment is incorporated into the Due Process Clause or the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment so as to be applicable to the States, thereby invalidating ordinances prohibiting possession of handguns in the home.

I was under the impression that the decision would apply to CC and OC as well as just possessing a handgun in the home. Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly. Any lawyers here that can set me straight?

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Baby Steps... you have to take these things is small steps, otherwise the court will get scared of what it's doing and rule the wrong way.

What has scared the court in the past, lets figure it out so we dont scare them again.

Orphan