• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charged With Going Armed to the Terror of the People and carrying a concealed weapon

jag06

All the charged were dismissed by the prosecutor and my weapons and magazines were returned via court order

Congrats! I just read your OP to refresh my memory on what happened. Did you ever find out why they pulled you over? Did the bank call them on you? Seems to me you could get a nice lawsuit against the PD for false arrest since they arrested you and had to collaborate to come up with false charges on you.

MilProGuy

ComradeV wrote:

Yes, but it is only a CONCEALED handgun that is illegal. There is no law that makes it illegal to be inpossession of a firearm in a financial institution. So in a nut shell, you HAVE to open carry in the bank...

Since it is illegal to carry a concealed firearm into a bank, wouldn't it stand to reason that an openly carried one would be taboo, as well?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Since it is illegal to carry a concealed firearm into a bank, wouldn't it stand to reason that an openly carried one would be taboo, as well?

Not in my state. Per state law, you cannot conceal in non-secured areas of an airport, or into public buildings that are so posted. But you can open carry in those places.

Dreamer

If you ever are privy to police officers' discussions of the law the line between law and taboo is far too blurry for them than should be considered comfortable by citizens.

Actually, you are wrong. The personal opinions of many LEOs and training policies of most LEAs are that they don't really CARE what the law says, and they will "enforce" whatever their personal opinions are, and will treat people of different "classes" in different ways, and that if what they do is actually illegal, then "the courts will sort it out"...

MilProGuy

+1. There's a huge distinction between concealed carry and open carry. I'm a firm believer that when a sign says "No Concealed", that it means exactly that.

I've never seen a sign that reads "No Concealed".

I've seen plenty of signs that reads "No Firearms", or signs that have the big symbol that represents "NO" overlaying a depiction of a handgun.

ArmySoldier22

I've never seen a sign that reads "No Concealed".

I've seen plenty of signs that reads "No Firearms", or signs that have the big symbol that represents "NO" overlaying a depiction of a handgun.

There's quite a few around me. May just be the difference in our states though.

davidmcbeth

Banned
When it comes to talking to the cops, if they are set on doing what they are going to do, you need to protect your self.

I had quite a few "oh sh..." moments watching these two videos (two parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

This is one of the BEST videos I have ever seen for anything, especially the first part.

And: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Here is what I say when they start asking me questions (any questions): I would be happy to answer any of your questions IN COURT but not now. And then I just repeat it for any ? they have. Even simple questions like where you going/coming from may be important at trial. And no, you cannot search my vehicle.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
FYI: Recent changes in the law now allow CC in financial institutions provided that the building hasn't posted signs prohibiting weapons. Unfortunately all the banks around me (Greensboro/High Point) are posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

smlawrence

FYI: Recent changes in the law now allow CC in financial institutions provided that the building hasn't posted signs prohibiting weapons. Unfortunately all the banks around me (Greensboro/High Point) are posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Several in Kernersville aren't posted.

papa bear

have you contacted any to explain why you will no longer do business with them and why it such a dangerous thing to make a "gun free zone"?