• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever Buy A Gun At A Pawn Shop?

open4years

imported post

Actually, I've purchased almost all my guns from a local pawn shop. Most were new ones that I had them order for me or they gave me their FFL and I had it shipped to them. I have purchased a few used firearms there and I was pleased with all of them. But, I went in there knowing what I wanted. I've purchased a few through the newspaper for reasons that most here will understand.

I went to another pawn store first and I purchased my first Glock - something I never wanted until my Dad passed away and left me his 9mm Glock. I couldn't believe how light it was! Anyway, I went back there toget them to order me another Glock, model23, and a guy said that I needed to buy a "real gun" and he then told me what I should buy.

So, I went to another pawn store and ordered the Glock 23 and I've bought at least 10 firearms through them over the years, including some new Kimbers. So, one arrogant employee cost that store a lot of business. I tend to order accessories such as holsters, magazine carriers, lights, lasers, etc. over the net.

That same person, that insulted me, went on to say that he carries a 9mm and all his friends give him a hard time about carrying such a"puny" caliber. He said it wouldn't be a problem as he would shoot the bad guy in the eye. Yeah, sure.

I left after that as I knew he was oneidiot that I didn't want to deal with. So, not all pawn stores are equal, nor do all employees know what they are doing. One handed me a gun with thebusiness endpointed at my head, with his hand on the grip and hisfinger in the trigger guard! Don't expect that all employees are taught anything before there first day on the job.

Alan