• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion

Dreamer

imported post

Task force 16,

I wasn;t limiting it to mass murder. I included Spousal murder:

Dreamer wrote:
Dear Moderators: This post is NOT cop- bashing. I'm just reporting the facts...

LEO's commit mass murder and spousal murder more than ANY other single occupation.

The point I was tryingto make was that LEOs, as an occupation, have a record as a rather violent, antisocial, and sociopathic bunch--more so than any other occupation (other than "career criminal, I mean). How often do you hear of Photographers or Plumbers or Graphic Designers, or Waitresses, or IT managers, or School Teachers, or X-Ray Technicians or ANY OTHER occupation committing such acts? Not very often. But nation-wide, there seems to be an LEO that "breaks bad" ever week or so. The only other legal profession that even comes close with regards to mass murder or spousal murder/suicide is Construction Worker or maybe "handyman"...

Sorry about the confusion...

When the anti's tell you that if you legally own a gun, you are more likely to be killed by a gun, one of the MANY things they fail to tell you is that in a statistically significant number of those killings, the gun used is actually owned by an LEO, and is being used against a spouse.

Gun Control is not only racist, it is misogynistic.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, there is an angle which is relevant to the home invasion scenario, but generally I think you're correct in your analysis: off-topic.

However, the militarization of police and the extensive use of unconstitutional no-knock warrants creates probably the single greatest variable and tactical consideration in any home invasion scenario: the police factor.

We imagine home invasions as "clean" scenarios, but experience shows otherwise. What about when your home is no-knock raided on based on the lying statements of a "confidential informant", playing his odds on the hops of having his charges reduced? I've read multiple accounts this happening. It is self-evidently a regular occurrence. What happens when criminals dress up like cops (not hard with balaclavas and a few other Tacticool accoutrements) and perform a simulated no knock raid, with every intent of murdering your family?

What happens when you do successfully defend yourself, you inform the police exactly what happened, that you are presently armed, and that you must remain armed in order to keep your aggressor captive until they arrive -- because you don't want to kill him -- and then they show up and shoot you several times in the back and while you're on the ground, without so much as even announcing their presence?

All of these things are recent occurrences which have been discussed right here on this forum. All of these things are, if not regular occurrences, serious full-time risks.

I think it is fair to discuss this when on the topic of any criminal home invasion. Quite simply, the police need to be scaled back in some meaningful fashion, and until they are it will be relevant in every discussion in any way tangential upon consequential legal ramifications.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yea, I thought of that right after I hit the return key, but in my view that is also off topic in a thread discussing CRIMINAL home invasion. While I do not agree with the concept. in the final analysis a no knock warrant is still a warrant backed up by what passes as due process.

Regards

Dreamer

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Moreover how is ANY of that relevant to the topic of home invasion by criminals.

In every link I posted, the murderer was, BY DEFINITION, a criminal. Murder, spousal abuse, violation of restraining orders--all these things are generally considered crimes, therefore the people who commit them are, by definition, criminals...

The fact that these criminals happened to all claim, as their primary occupation, to be LEOs just demonstrates that their occupation tends to include more mass murderers and spousal murderers than any other (non criminal) occupation class.

I find this a strange and interesting fact.

You'd think that someone who's chosen (non criminal) occupation was to be an armed public servant, they wouldn't be the type of person who would shoot a bunch of teen-age girls, or beat and shoot their wife...

The point I was making is that LEO's seem to prove themselves over and over again--as an occupational class--that they are mentally and emotionally more prone to the unlawful, violent, and criminal use of firearms than any other non-criminal occupational type.

The point here, is that not all criminals are scruffy street-types, or methed-out scumbags. Sometimes, the criminals kicking in your door are the very same people who supposedly have sworn to uphold the law...