• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fred Meyer Policy

Xader

imported post

Several months ago, I sent an email to the Fred Meyer Corp, requesting their policy on carry an Fred Meyer stores.

Here is the reply from the Director of Public Affairs.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:

Thank you for your email.

Our policy on guns in our stores is simply to comply with the law.

We recognize and respect the right to carry a weapon and we are aware that not everyone who has a weapon has a concealed weapon permit. However, we serve all varieties of Customers in our stores – we do not discriminate based on anything – not gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or opinion. So, as I’m sure you are aware, there may be times when an unconcealed weapon is upsetting, particularly to some mothers who are shopping with their children. If you have a concealed weapon permit, we would appreciate it if you would conceal your weapon in our stores, but we recognize that you do not have to by law.

Best regards,

Melinda Merrill

Director, Public Affairs

So it seems their policy is about equal to that of Wal-Mart, etc.

kito109654

imported post

Xader wrote:
I hadn't either, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get it from the horse's mouth...

I'd say you're lucky to have received that answer after asking that way but all's well that ends well. :)

I OC at Freddies a few times a week if not more, never an issue.

Xader

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
Xader wrote:
I hadn't either, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get it from the horse's mouth...

I'd say you're lucky to have received that answer after asking that way but all's well that ends well. :)

I OC at Freddies a few times a week if not more, never an issue.
Asking what way? by email?

I'm surprised I received a reply at all, but I'm not complaining...

JBURGII

imported post

I shop at Fred Meyers at least once a week and OC every time. I have never asked and they have never even looked my way.. so far all is good.

Rev. Jim