• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I. New Business 8. Approve Resolution to Affirm the Right to Keep and Bear Arms – Motion

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://www.washingtonisland-wi.gov/agendas/town_board_agendas/2009/TBAGN-2009-12-14.htm

My motion to approve an RKABA resolution was defeated. The County Chairman recommended against it and the Chamber of Commerce "didn't understand". I presume that the influential letters will follow.

Honored Town Clerk, please copy this to my fellow Town Board members and please do your part in ensuring its inclusion on the next Town Board Agenda.

Mr. Chairman, I respectfully request the inclusion of this resolution and its approval on the next Town Board agenda.
========================================================================
A RESOLUTION AFFIRMING THE RIGHT AND ORDERLINESS OF OPENLY CARRIED WEAPONS

WHEREAS the Constitution of the United States Bill of Rights Second
Amendment Requires that the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms
shall not be infringed: and

WHEREAS, the Constitution of the State of Wisconsin, Article I, Section
25 affirms that the people have the right to keep and bear arms for
security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose: and

WHEREAS, the Attorney General of Wisconsin and the District Attorney of
Door County have affirmed the orderliness of openly carried weapons: and

WHEREAS, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle said, "If you want to carry a gun in Wisconsin, wear it on your hip."

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, the Town of Washington affirms that the
People have the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms
for security, defense, hunting and recreation or any other lawful purpose.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that openly carried weapons are not an unlawful
means to exercise these rights, and that no one may restrict the lawful
exercise of these constitutionally protected individual rights.

Dated this day_______________

Approved _________________, _________________, ________________,

Attested: __________________

opusd2

imported post

And a sign to be posted at the Door Co limits stating the above. Would Door approve of it? I'm not holding my breath, but I would be all for introducing it. And signing it as well.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Well nice try Doug.

It's pretty sad when an elected body won't go on record in support of the state and federal constitutions, isn't it?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi