• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackman Township Ordinance

T Vance

imported post

Just got of the phone with Cabman. He said there is a meeting tomorrow in Jackson about the unlawful ordinance and that Banger and Mahees would be there. Is this true? Where, and when? Can we OC there (I assume we can). I want to try and make it.

Banger

imported post

tomorrow is not a blackman township meeting, it is a city of jackson meeting. I will have to confirm with maahes but as of a few days ago we were still planning to be there.

Banger

imported post

Taken from the other thread and posted by maahes:
ETA: next up City of Jackson.
[align=right]
City Council Meeting Schedule
[/align] [align=right]
Time: 7:00 p.m.
[/align] [align=right]
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
[/align][align=left]
City Hall - 161 W. Michigan Avenue, 2nd Floor, Council Chambers
[/align]

maahes

imported post

Yes there is a meeting tonight

I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to OC. There is no court or jail in the building. I OCd to a Jackson County board meeting months ago and nothing was said. Tonight's meeting is not in the same room as that one but it shouldn't make a difference.

I have not had time to prepare comments for the meeting, hopefully will today if these vendors leave me alone.

cabman1

imported post

Ill be there ocing and for the ordinence and for a cab relaited deal cab driver got stabed last night and the ordinece says that cab drivers cant have any weapons unless its a pistol and they have a cpl

T Vance

imported post

Does anyone have any info on what tonights meeting will be about exactly? I know there was a meeting a few weeks ago. What happened there, and what should we expect to prepare in writing if we plan on addressing the council?

T Vance

imported post

Is this what you are talking about?

[align=left]11.
Resolutions.[/align]
[align=left]D. Consideration of a resolution suspending enforcement of Ordinances that would prohibit[/align]
[align=left]the possession and use of fire arms within the City as it applies to employees and agents[/align]
[align=left]of Aaron’s Nuisance Animal Control during said deer harvest within Ella Sharp Park[/align]
[align=left]during the months of January and/or February 2010.[/align]

maahes

imported post

nope, Im going to address the council on their lack of responce to my request to ammend ordinance: Chapter 18: Article VII: Sec. 18-185. Possession of weapons.

Edited to add: Opps wrong CTRL-V

I did find this from a previous meeting. However nothing has been updated on the city ordinace site.

D. FINAL ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2009.14 AMENDING CHAPTER 18,
SECTION 18-185, CITY CODE, CLARIFYING THAT TRANSPORTING,
CARRYING, OR POSSESSING A DANGEROUS WEAPON DOES NOT INCLUDE
FIREARMS BECAUSE STATE LAW EXCLUSIVELY REGULATES FIREARMS
FOR THESE PURPOSES.
Motion was made by Councilmember Greer and seconded by Councilmember Polaczyk
to adopt Ordinance No. 2009.14. The motion was adopted by the following vote. Yeas:
Mayor Ludwig and Councilmembers Breeding, Howe, Greer, Gaiser, Frounfelker and
Polaczyk—7. Nays: 0. Absent: 0.

Ill have to do some more digging, may not even need to go tonight...

Edit again:
Yep looks like it was taken care of during the November 10th meeting, wish I had been notified, Id have skipped work and gone to the meeting. :(

But Yay! no more illegal ordinance in Jackson. And apart from Blackman Township, that may wrap up Jackson County :celebrate

maahes

imported post

I may go just to thank the council on record for taking the time to correct the ordinance. I havent decided though, as it just dropped on my priority list of things to do lol.

T Vance

imported post

Well Cabman was saying the Channel 6 & 11 news was going to be there tonight. Kimberguy was under the impression we might be discussing the issues he has been dealing with.

If the media is going to be there, it might be a perfect time to get this videos into the right hands. I can make copies of the videos.

T Vance

imported post

Just talked with Kimberguy. He doesn't want to talk with the City Council tonight on such short notice. He is possibly going, and meeting me there to give these videos to the media.

T Vance

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
well the meeting went well Except I was the only one there!!!

I called you, and whoever answered you phone said you went to the hospital. That is why I didn't show. Figured the ordiance was already handle as Mahees stated, Kimberguy said he wasn't going to go and talk about his situation, and as I stated, someone told me you went to the hospital so I figured you weren't at City Hall. I didn't see any reason to go.

Sorry