Thread: City of Westland ordinence to change on Dec 21

Post imported post

I recieved a confirmation on the changes to the city ordinance! Here is the e-mail and the attached revision to the ordinance. :celebrate

What was sent to me was a PDF file of the ordinance change. Any way to attach this????

--- On Sat, 12/12/09, James Godbout <jgodbout@cityofwestland.com> wrote:

John,

Thank you for your patience with the process of our revision of the City of Westland's Dangerous Weapons Ordinance. I've attached a copy of the revised Ordinance that will be introduced at the December 21st Council meeting. In speaking with the City Attorney I believe that you will find that the new modifications were made in order to be in accordance with the State law and mirror State law as closely as possible when addressing the possession and transportation of firearms.

Best regards,

Jim Godbout

my response....

Mr Godbout,

Thank you for your response to this matter and it's resolution. As I'm sure your aware, more and more citizens have taken the responsibility of protecting themselves and there families very seriously. The 2nd Amendment was put in place to preserve our rights as a nation,state, and individual. I applaud you and the council for upholding the Constitution of the United States and the State of Michigan.

There are many grassroot movements that are pursuing gun rights issues throughout the state. I'm proud of the city of Westland for rectifying their ordinances to reflect state law and protecting citizens from an over zealous government.

Thank you again for following through with actions, and not just words in this situation.

I hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!

Regards,
    John Blacklock

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Great job . I applaud your efforts.

Post imported post

Great job, John!

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Nice work!

Post imported post

I would of attached the revisions to the ordinance, but it wasn't sent to me as a text file, it's a image of the verbage.

And thanks for the kudo's. I know it's not much, but every little bit helps us all.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Good job!

Post imported post

So is anyone going to the council meeting OC to see the changes adopted?

Post imported post

I will try and make it. I would love to be there to see it changed. If anyone is interested in going from the east side and wants to car pool PM me.

Post imported post

Nice work JBlack!

Post imported post

I'll be there if other people plan on going. More for the comraderie than anything.

Post imported post

This is another sterling example of the work that the members of this board are active in accomplishing. This is in sharp contrast to that crabgrassroots organization that only talks about gun rights. I'm not going to mention any names but their initials are MGO.

Post imported post

:celebrate:what:

Good job guys... as Mastiff said today at the Kzoo meet and eat... if everyone would take a look at their home town ord.. we can get this cleaned up in short order!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I went to the meeting tonight. During the opening public comments one citizen ask why the change to the ordinance. The council president answered by saying that it was being done to be in compliance with state law. The ordinance was changed without any objections. At the end of the meeting they allowed for public comments. I publicly thanked the council for making the changes, and allowing for those that choose to carry a firearm to do so without confusions in the law. After the meeting I spoke with the Westland Police Chief who stated he and all his officers have trained on the laws of OC and support and respect those who choose to OC. When walking out of the meeting talking to the500kid two of the council members stated their appreciation of being thanked publicly. It was a good night, another small step for protecting our 2a rights. Thank you jblack44 for getting this ordinance changed.

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    I went to the meeting tonight. During the opening public comments one citizen ask why the change to the ordinance. The council president answered by saying that it was being done to be in compliance with state law. The ordinance was changed without any objections. At the end of the meeting they allowed for public comments. I publicly thanked the council for making the changes, and allowing for those that choose to carry a firearm to do so without confusions in the law. After the meeting I spoke with the Westland Police Chief who stated he and all his officers have trained on the laws of OC and support and respect those who choose to OC. When walking out of the meeting talking to the500kid two of the council members stated their appreciation of being thanked publicly. It was a good night, another small step for protecting our 2a rights. Thank you jblack44 for getting this ordinance changed.
    Sprinklerguy,

Thanks for supporting us in the meeting! I had family obligations last night, so I couldn't make it. I'm glad that someone from MOC was there to comment. It really wasn't much of an effort on my part. The laws speak for themselves. But I truely believe all the little, and big things being done by individuals standing up for our rights has really made a big change for RTKB within the state of Michigan!

So a big thanks needs to go out to everyone on this site that has spoke positively about open carry and our 2nd A right!

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    Sprinklerguy,

Thanks for supporting us in the meeting! I had family obligations last night, so I couldn't make it. I'm glad that someone from MOC was there to comment. It really wasn't much of an effort on my part. The laws speak for themselves. But I truely believe all the little, and big things being done by individuals standing up for our rights has really made a big change for RTKB within the state of Michigan!

So a big thanks needs to go out to everyone on this site that has spoke positively about open carry and our 2nd A right!
    It was effort on your part. Thousands of people live in that area that believe in the RKBA. However you were the one who spoke for the laws they didn't speak for themselves. Thank you again.

Post imported post

Thanks to sprinklerguy28 for driving as far as he did to make his statment. I do have to say it was pretty funny when he stood up and half the row behind him said in a wisper he has a gun and the state rep sitting in front of me said and the state sen sitting next to him "Open Carry" and thats all he said. Thanks again for all the work everyone did on this even if you don't think it was much.

Post imported post

how can i join

Post imported post

chuckman wrote:
    how can i join
    Go to www.miopencarry.org
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."