Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gibraltar Trade Center-Mt. Clemens Gun Show

Post imported post

MOC will be setting up a table at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens December 18,19, and 20. Anyone interested in helping out please PM me. We will be selling merchandise, fund raising for the 2A March, and educating. The address and times of the show are as follows.

Gibraltar Trade Center
    237 N. River Road
    Mt. Clemens, MI 48043

Friday 18, 12pm - 9pm
    Saturday 19, 10am - 9pm
    Sunday 20, 10am - 7pm(can leave early to attend dinner at National Coney Island)

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I will be there Friday and Saturday from 6-9. Not sure I can make Sunday but I will be at the coney event.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I will be there from 10:00 am to 6:00 PM on Saturday. If anyone else can man the table or just stop by to say hi that would be great.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I have family coming in from out of town, so I don't know which of those days I'd be able to make. But I'd like to make it over to at least one.

By the way, most gun shows have restrictive policies about guns inside, typically requiring them to be unloaded. Will they allow us to carry?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Post imported post

TTT

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    No we can not carry inside Gibralter.
    I was always under the impression you could carry in the marketplace, but not the gun show section.
    United we STAND!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    No we can not carry inside Gibralter.
    I was always under the impression you could carry in the marketplace, but not the gun show section.
    That may in fact be true.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Should be OK for CC in any part other than the Gun Show section. I have not attempted OC there yet so I don't know their outlook on that part, but I have CC'd (gotta hate shoping with the boss) during some Computer Shows there. Also at all entrances to the Gun Show they have security and someone with the zipties to disable your firearms that you are taking in just like everywhere else.

Radioman

Post imported post

I plan to be there with Venator on Saturday.

Post imported post

Radioman wrote:
    Should be OK for CC in any part other than the Gun Show section.* I have not attempted OC there yet so I don't know their outlook on that part, but I have CC'd (gotta hate shoping with the boss) during some Computer Shows there.* Also at all entrances to the Gun Show they have security and someone with the zipties to disable your firearms that you are taking in just like everywhere else.*

Radioman
    At the Novi Gun & Knife show when I proved I was manning a vendor table I was fully allowed to OC no problems what so ever. I wish I knew that when TheSzerdi was there lol.

I'm going to talk it over with the wife to see if I can at least stop by and say hi. How much is entry there?

Post imported post

You CAN carry at the Gibraltar trade center, at least concealed. I carry every time; HOWEVER they DO require you to have a zip-tie through your slide/grip and your magazine out. I carry a pocket knife though, in case for whatever reason I need my gun.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    You CAN carry at the Gibraltar trade center, at least concealed. I carry every time; HOWEVER they DO require you to have a zip-tie through your slide/grip and your magazine out. I carry a pocket knife though, in case for whatever reason I need my gun.
    Did you verify if they require vendors to zip tie?

Post imported post

Vendors are not allowed to carry either

Post imported post

The cable tie thing always makes me laugh. Last time evil creamsicle and I went to a gun show, this old guy cable tied our guns with these humorously thin cable ties.

When we got into the parking lot, I simply racked my slide, and the cable tie fell off like it was in a race to hit the ground. I could have had it loaded within 3 seconds if I'd needed to. Not that security is a problem at gun shows though.

I guess if we want to make our point that we do OC, we should at least Kali carry at the show. And of course there is a chance a few bad apples will CC chambered.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    I can't remember ever going to a gun show where the guns on display were cable tied. It's more of ritualistic, feel good, liability based, politically correct harassment of show attendees who bring personal firearms.

Post imported post

Even if your firearm is zip tied, do they (Gibraltar) allow you to keep your loaded mags on your person?

Post imported post

The last time I carried at the gun show they zip tied my gun and handed it back to me. So i had my gun with a thin zip tie on and my magazine in my pocket

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    The last time I carried at the gun show they zip tied my gun and handed it back to me. So i had my gun with a thin zip tie on and my magazine in my pocket
    Ahhhh...the out of sight, out of mind thing.

Well then, it would be best not to carry a double mag pouch with two loaded mags in it. Got it.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    malignity wrote:
    I did not, however, I do know for a fact that at least 1 of the vendors was carrying locked and loaded and in a kydex IWB that he made, and I know of a few other vendors that have done so as well. Whether they were flying under the radar, that, I don't know.

I'd love to join you guys, considering I go to the Gibraltar gun show almost every month, but this is my weekend to work. We should continue to have a table set up there. I think that's one of the best avenues for open carry advertisement. There's a TON of people that go there.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I have to work on Sunday so I will not be there. However, I will be in time for the Coney Island meet up.

Post imported post

Update. You may carry if you are a vendor and you have a CPl. You may cc or oc if you are working the table with a cpl. Sprinklerguy has verified this with management

Post imported post

Perfect. A big thank you to you both.

Post imported post

I'll be there Saturday as long as I don't get lost trying to find it :-) , memory serves me its the x-way to the end and get off at river road but it has been a LONG time since I've been out there :-)

Printed out and filled out the membership app ;-)

Mel

Post imported post

Was nice seeing everyone there today. The show official who told us we couldn't OC unless at the booth was annoying, and made me decide a full on boycott of the trade center is in order, but other than that, great day.

With all the cops that kept coming around, I got to thinking we should have had cop info packets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast