• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gibraltar Trade Center-Mt. Clemens Gun Show

sprinklerguy28

imported post

MOC will be setting up a table at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens December 18,19, and 20. Anyone interested in helping out please PM me. We will be selling merchandise, fund raising for the 2A March, and educating. The address and times of the show are as follows.

Gibraltar Trade Center
237 N. River Road
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043

Friday 18, 12pm - 9pm
Saturday 19, 10am - 9pm
Sunday 20, 10am - 7pm(can leave early to attend dinner at National Coney Island)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I will be there from 10:00 am to 6:00 PM on Saturday. If anyone else can man the table or just stop by to say hi that would be great.

Michigander

imported post

I have family coming in from out of town, so I don't know which of those days I'd be able to make. But I'd like to make it over to at least one.

By the way, most gun shows have restrictive policies about guns inside, typically requiring them to be unloaded. Will they allow us to carry?

Radioman

imported post

Should be OK for CC in any part other than the Gun Show section. I have not attempted OC there yet so I don't know their outlook on that part, but I have CC'd (gotta hate shoping with the boss) during some Computer Shows there. Also at all entrances to the Gun Show they have security and someone with the zipties to disable your firearms that you are taking in just like everywhere else.

Radioman

mikestilly

imported post

Radioman wrote:
Should be OK for CC in any part other than the Gun Show section.  I have not attempted OC there yet so I don't know their outlook on that part, but I have CC'd (gotta hate shoping with the boss) during some Computer Shows there.  Also at all entrances to the Gun Show they have security and someone with the zipties to disable your firearms that you are taking in just like everywhere else. 

Radioman

At the Novi Gun & Knife show when I proved I was manning a vendor table I was fully allowed to OC no problems what so ever. I wish I knew that when TheSzerdi was there lol.

I'm going to talk it over with the wife to see if I can at least stop by and say hi. How much is entry there?

malignity

imported post

You CAN carry at the Gibraltar trade center, at least concealed. I carry every time; HOWEVER they DO require you to have a zip-tie through your slide/grip and your magazine out. I carry a pocket knife though, in case for whatever reason I need my gun.

mikestilly

imported post

malignity wrote:
You CAN carry at the Gibraltar trade center, at least concealed. I carry every time; HOWEVER they DO require you to have a zip-tie through your slide/grip and your magazine out. I carry a pocket knife though, in case for whatever reason I need my gun.

Did you verify if they require vendors to zip tie?

Michigander

imported post

The cable tie thing always makes me laugh. Last time evil creamsicle and I went to a gun show, this old guy cable tied our guns with these humorously thin cable ties.

When we got into the parking lot, I simply racked my slide, and the cable tie fell off like it was in a race to hit the ground. I could have had it loaded within 3 seconds if I'd needed to. Not that security is a problem at gun shows though.

I guess if we want to make our point that we do OC, we should at least Kali carry at the show. And of course there is a chance a few bad apples will CC chambered. :uhoh:

Michigander

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I can't remember ever going to a gun show where the guns on display were cable tied. It's more of ritualistic, feel good, liability based, politically correct harassment of show attendees who bring personal firearms.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

The last time I carried at the gun show they zip tied my gun and handed it back to me. So i had my gun with a thin zip tie on and my magazine in my pocket

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
The last time I carried at the gun show they zip tied my gun and handed it back to me. So i had my gun with a thin zip tie on and my magazine in my pocket

Ahhhh...the out of sight, out of mind thing. :)

Well then, it would be best not to carry a double mag pouch with two loaded mags in it. Got it.

malignity

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
malignity wrote:

I did not, however, I do know for a fact that at least 1 of the vendors was carrying locked and loaded and in a kydex IWB that he made, and I know of a few other vendors that have done so as well. Whether they were flying under the radar, that, I don't know.

I'd love to join you guys, considering I go to the Gibraltar gun show almost every month, but this is my weekend to work. We should continue to have a table set up there. I think that's one of the best avenues for open carry advertisement. There's a TON of people that go there.