• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gibraltar Trade Center-Mt. Clemens Gun Show

mel5051

imported post

I'll be there Saturday as long as I don't get lost trying to find it :) , memory serves me its the x-way to the end and get off at river road but it has been a LONG time since I've been out there :)

Printed out and filled out the membership app ;-)

Mel

Michigander

imported post

Was nice seeing everyone there today. The show official who told us we couldn't OC unless at the booth was annoying, and made me decide a full on boycott of the trade center is in order, but other than that, great day.

With all the cops that kept coming around, I got to thinking we should have had cop info packets.

mel5051

imported post

Wow, they must have started coming over after I left, can't do that much standing around/walking these days.

On my travels through the gun show I did notice quite a few quazi legal items being sold, which might account for the police presence. I think the bad weather should have kept the LEO's busy on the road so I gather these were off duty LEO's?

I only spotted one while I was there and I just nodded at him. He had no interest in me probably because I had that heavy coat on that concealed me and the show knew I was a CPL holder.

Mel

Radioman

imported post

Sounds like you guys had an eventful time after I left. Guess I should have come back like I was thinking about doing.

Now I need to make another trip and see if anyone has an Upper Receiver Block there. I forgot that today when I was looking around. But then I have found some online so maybe just order it and save the trip.

Radioman

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Was nice seeing everyone there today. The show official who told us we couldn't OC unless at the booth was annoying, and made me decide a full on boycott of the trade center is in order, but other than that, great day.

With all the cops that kept coming around, I got to thinking we should have had cop info packets.

The official, the one who knew all the laws about OC in MIchigan, where:

1) "...you need a CPA to legally OC in Michigan...." and,

2) "...if you have a CPA, you're required by law to conceal...." :banghead:

He came back to the booth after you and Evil left and informed us that OC was not permitted on/in the private property. I asked, what about the guy teaching the CPA class :D, the offical who knew all the laws that also has a CPA said the guy was MSP.

mikestilly

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Michigander wrote:

The official, the one who knew all the laws about OC in MIchigan, where:

1)  "...you need a CPA to legally OC in Michigan...."  and,

2)  "...if you have a CPA, you're required by law to conceal...."  :banghead:

He came back to the booth after you and Evil left and informed us that OC was not permitted on/in the private property.  I asked, what about the guy teaching the CPA class :D, the offical who knew all the laws that also has a CPA said the guy was MSP.

I didnt know accounting was required to open carry. An interesting twist. Sounds like theirs a bunch of ignoramouses there.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

yeah it was pretty much ridiculous. One minute I'm passing out flyers, I step away to answer a phone call from my grandpa and all of a sudden this guy appears spouting diarrhea from his throat...

and springer... 3 more posts and you'll be at 1911 :p

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mel5051 wrote:
Wow, they must have started coming over after I left, can't do that much standing around/walking these days.

On my travels through the gun show I did notice quite a few quazi legal items being sold, which might account for the police presence. I think the bad weather should have kept the LEO's busy on the road so I gather these were off duty LEO's?

I only spotted one while I was there and I just nodded at him. He had no interest in me probably because I had that heavy coat on that concealed me and the show knew I was a CPL holder.

Mel
Michigander was referring to the LEO's that were there on there own (Not official business) shopping and stopped by to chat. The two I talked to were the training officers for Macomb County and are interested in MOC doing some training for the department.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Venator wrote:
mel5051 wrote:

Mel
Michigander was referring to the LEO's that were there on there own (Not official business) shopping and stopped by to chat. The two I talked to were the training officers for Macomb County and are interested in MOC doing some training for the department.
Lets set this up. Were any details discussed?

Michigander

imported post

So Gibralter is 100% officially anti OC now? Or was this guy just ill informed and full of shit?

Did we ever get an official verdict from whatever head boss has the call?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Michigander wrote:
So Gibralter is 100% officially anti OC now? Or was this guy just ill informed and full of @#$%?

The guy who told us we could not OC there and the owner of the property want to know whogave Sprinklerguy28 the permission for us to OC.

ETA: From what I understand, it's not offically anti OC for now.

Well, there goes my 1911

SQLtables

imported post

Michigander wrote:
So Gibralter is 100% officially anti OC now? Or was this guy just ill informed and full of @#$%?

The General Manager said the OWNER said he does not want guns on the property, but then he turned around and said he cannot speak for the owner.

Michigander

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
The General Manager said the OWNER said he does not want guns on the property, but then he turned around and said he cannot speak for the owner.
Considering the fact we're talking about one of the absolutely leading businesses in the country for doing gun shows (I believe Michigan has more gun shows than any other state, and they do the most gun shows in Michigan), I find the concept of them barring guns stupid beyond words. :uhoh:

Venator

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Venator wrote:
mel5051 wrote:

Mel
Lets set this up. Were any details discussed?
It's in their hands. They have my contact info and they said they would get back to me. We shall see.

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Michigander wrote:

Yeah, he said he talked with the owner and he saidhe didn't want any guns in the place. I then said I would post that on many gun sites and he quickly said "well I can't speak for the owner." Huh?

I asked about CC he said "we won't ask and you don't tell, but if we know you have a gun we will ask you to leave are store it in your vehicle." Sounds anti-gun to me.

All I know is I was told by the Manager (Graig) that guns were not allowed in the center, unless they are unloaded and zipped tied and remain in the gun show area. But then he said he didn't speak for the owner.