Thread: 9 minutes to self defense, 20 minutes to police response

Post imported post

The first link wasn't the right one... sorry about that this is what should have been posted:

from - http://blog.newsok.com/newsok/2009/1...wsok-audience/
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

When seconds count, police are only minutes away.....

I had a situation much like this when I lived in Arizona, but fortunately the door kept the drunk out and he gave up about the same time that the local PD arrived (only about 10 - 15 minutes after calling in metro Phoenix).

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This story will be remember for more than a week (already has).

Definitely a poster-child for allowing people to own guns. Even in the case where the person shot was not armed, I mentioned in another thread, that him being a drunk man was deadly enough for a 56 year old woman. Her gun potentially saved her life and no person or law should be allowed to take away her ability to prevent having to wait and find out what a rampaging drunk man busting in her house intends to do.

Post imported post

i still cant fathom why she never even once yelled at him to go away, hes at the wrong house, the police are comming, ive got a gun and ill shoot, MY name is not PAT!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

This is a tragedy for everyone involved, I feel for the mans family, and I feel for the woman who I am sure is scarred for life from this event.

I do not believe she could have changed the outcome by yelling that police were coming, she had a gun, or that her name was not Pat.

Personally I think of my mother and how would she be able to defend herself from someone like this and all I can say is I hope that she is mentally strong enough to pull the trigger of the handgun I left with her years ago.

If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Post imported post

jmelvin wrote:
    When seconds count, police are minutes away.....
    fixed
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by tcmech View Post
    This is a tragedy for everyone involved, I feel for the mans family, and I feel for the woman who I am sure is scarred for life from this event.

I do not believe she could have changed the outcome by yelling that police were coming, she had a gun, or that her name was not Pat.

Personally I think of my mother and how would she be able to defend herself from someone like this and all I can say is I hope that she is mentally strong enough to pull the trigger of the handgun I left with her years ago.
    I listened to the entire 911 tape. That woman showed tremendous courage IMO and restraint considering the trauma that this out of control drunk breaking into her house was putting her through. She was absolutely justified using deadly force IMO.

I hope and trust she is able to get the counseling she may very well need for the rest of her life. In this day and age a twenty minute response time for the first deputies on scene is deplorable.