Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOC BOwling Fundraiser - Fraser,MI

Post imported post

The bowling outing will be held January 16, 2010 at 1:00P.M. It will be held at

Fraser Star Lanes
    33042 Garfield Road
    Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Cost is $20 per person paid in advance, $25 at the door.
    Includes 3 games,shoes,pizza, and pop.

Please mail your payments to:

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
    5806 Hight st.
    Bath, MI 48808

The owner has agreed to grant permission for anyone to legally carry at the event. So if you do not have a CPL you WILL be allowed to OC. There are 16 lanes available so invite friends, family, or neighbors.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Let's make this a big event. This will be a great get together after the holidays. I would love to see 50 or 60 people show up. OCers bring the whole family for a bowling get together, I promise you all will have a great time.

Let us know if you are coming and how many others you have with you.

I'llpost this on MGO as well.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I'll try, but Fraser is a little far for me. I'll see though.

Post imported post

I plan on being there with my wife. Sounds good for after the new year.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

You know I'll be there with the wife.

Post imported post

ttt

Treasurer, MOC, Inc. Oakland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Can't wait! I am the best gutter-ball bowler ever!

Post imported post

super_squint wrote:
    Can't wait! I am the best gutter-ball bowler ever!
    Yes you are :P

Post imported post

Why not. I havent tried to commit hari-kari while bowling in a while. Put me in as a definate maybe. I'll donate the $20 either way.

Now who gets the dough, Ven, GeneralDet, someone else. I'll be seeing each of you listed this weekend so let me know who gets the bucks.

Radioman

Post imported post

You can either mail it in to the address posted or turn it in to one of the board members at the show.

Post imported post

im iffy,have to check distance and funds.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    You can either mail it in to the address posted or turn it in to one of the board members at the show.
    OK ... Saw Venator at the Gun Show and passed along the bucks. Now I just need to clear the calendar and hope not to break anything while playing. See everyone there.

Radioman

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Fraser Star Lanes
    33042 Garfield Road
    Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
    5806 Hight st.
    Bath, MI 48808

The owner has agreed to grant permission for anyone to legally carry at the event. So if you do not have a CPL you WILL be allowed to OC. There are 16 lanes available so invite friends, family, or neighbors.

I hate to be a stickler for detail but don't you need a CPL to OC in a place that serves Alcohol?

Treasurer, MOC, Inc. Oakland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Fraser Star Lanes
    33042 Garfield Road
    Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
    5806 Hight st.
    Bath, MI 48808

I hate to be a stickler for detail but don't you need a CPL to OC in a place that serves Alcohol?
    Conservative, this is true. However, since we have permission from the private business owner, all CPL and non-CPL holders can OC.

"PLACES off limits to firearms without a CPL: Sec. 234d[/b] (1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following: a) A Bank[/b]. b) A church[/b]. c) A court[/b]. d) A theatre[/b]. e) A sports arena.[/b] f) A day care center[/b]. g) A hospital[/b]. h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act.[/b]
    (2) [/b]This section does not apply to any of the following:
    a)[/b] A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
    b) [/b]A peace officer.
    c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
    d[/b]) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity."

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Fraser Star Lanes
    33042 Garfield Road
    Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
    5806 Hight st.
    Bath, MI 48808

You can not OC in any establishment licensed by the liquor control commission unless you have either permission from the owner or CPL.

Post imported post

We'll be there for sure. I havent bowled in years it's going to be embarrassing. lol

Mike

PS: Based on the way I see it the below is correct and as long as the owner gives permission OC is permitted.

Sec. 234d (1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following: a) A Bank. b) A church. c) A court. d) A theatre. e) A sports arena. f) A day care center. g) A hospital. h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act.
    (2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity."

Post imported post

From what I see...with the permission of the owner would we be able to CC in the bowling Alley with out a CPL?

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    From what I see...with the permission of the owner would we be able to CC in the bowling Alley with out a CPL?
    Our discussion above was about OC. Off the top of my head you cannot CC unless you have a CPL or are an employee (with permission of the owner) or are the owner. The owner cannot give you permission to CC in a public business.

Post imported post

I'll try but coming from ann arbor is about an hour.

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    Unfortunately, no. MCL 750.227 prohibits those without CPL's to CCin the bowling alley even with permission.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Our discussion above was about OC. Off the top of my head you cannot CC unless you have a CPL or are an employee (with permission of the owner) or are the owner. The owner cannot give you permission to CC in a public business.
    (d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity."
    I might be missing something but where does it point out OC, or CC as far as possession?

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    I might be missing something but where does it point out OC, or CC as far as possession?
    750.234d addresses possession of weapons in those Subdivisions (a)-->(h). Subsection (2), Subdivison (d) that you provided allows those without a CPL tocarry (OC)in the bowling alley with permission of owner/agent.

750.227 prohibits those without CPL's to CC in places unless it's their dwelling, property they own or lease, or their business.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I found these statutes. See if I am interpreting them correctly.

.227 states you can’t carry a concealed weapon except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law.[/b]

.234d states possession of a firearm is prohibited unless (a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity. OR [/b]

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.[/b]

This statute doesn’t mentioned OC or CC. But below mentions CC restrictions, so by default a person above must OC.

Sec. 5o. States that (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or who is exempt from licensure under section 12a(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of any of the following:[/b]
    [/b]
    Unless

(4) Subsection (1) does not apply to any of the following:

(a) An individual licensed under this act who is a retired police officer or retired law enforcement officer. The concealed weapon licensing board may require a letter from the law enforcement agency stating that the retired police officer or law enforcement officer retired in good standing.

(b) An individual who is licensed under this act and who is employed or contracted by an entity described under subsection (1) to provide security services and is required by his or her employer or the terms of a contract to carry a concealed firearm on the premises of the employing or contracting entity.

(c) An individual who is licensed as a private investigator or private detective under the private detective license act, 1965 PA 285, MCL 338.821 to 338.851.

And of course LEO’s and related entitled individuals.[/b]

750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.

Sec. 227.

(1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law[/b] and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or by a fine of not more than $2,500.00.

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.

Sec. 234d.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
    (b) A church or other house of religious worship.
    (c) A court.
    (d) A theatre.
    (e) A sports arena.
    (f) A day care center.
    (g) A hospital.
    (h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.[/b]
    (b) A peace officer.
    (c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
    (d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.
    [/b]

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Simply put, Section 234d allows a person without a CPL to possess a weapon (pistol in this case) in those places listed under Subsection (1) with permission from owner/agent.

However, Section 227, prohibits a person to CC in those places listed in Section 234d, under Subsection (1). Unless he or she owns/leases the dwelling/property.

ETA: Therefore, in order to be in compliance with the Sections 234d & 227, a person must OC with permission of owner/agent.

Post imported post

So as was said in the beginning OC will be fine as there wil be permission right???
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast