• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC BOwling Fundraiser - Fraser,MI

sprinklerguy28

imported post

The bowling outing will be held January 16, 2010 at 1:00P.M. It will be held at

Fraser Star Lanes
33042 Garfield Road
Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Cost is $20 per person paid in advance, $25 at the door.
Includes 3 games,shoes,pizza, and pop.

[sup]Please mail your payments to:[/sup]

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
5806 Hight st.
Bath, MI 48808

The owner has agreed to grant permission for anyone to legally carry at the event. So if you do not have a CPL you WILL be allowed to OC. There are 16 lanes available so invite friends, family, or neighbors.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Let's make this a big event. This will be a great get together after the holidays. I would love to see 50 or 60 people show up. OCers bring the whole family for a bowling get together, I promise you all will have a great time.

Let us know if you are coming and how many others you have with you.

I'llpost this on MGO as well.

Radioman

imported post

Why not. I havent tried to commit hari-kari while bowling in a while. Put me in as a definate maybe. I'll donate the $20 either way.

Now who gets the dough, Ven, GeneralDet, someone else. I'll be seeing each of you listed this weekend so let me know who gets the bucks.

Radioman

sprinklerguy28

imported post

You can either mail it in to the address posted or turn it in to one of the board members at the show.

Radioman

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
You can either mail it in to the address posted or turn it in to one of the board members at the show.
OK ... Saw Venator at the Gun Show and passed along the bucks. Now I just need to clear the calendar and hope not to break anything while playing. See everyone there.

Radioman

conservative85

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Fraser Star Lanes
33042 Garfield Road
Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
5806 Hight st.
Bath, MI 48808

The owner has agreed to grant permission for anyone to legally carry at the event. So if you do not have a CPL you WILL be allowed to OC. There are 16 lanes available so invite friends, family, or neighbors.
I hate to be a stickler for detail but don't you need a CPL to OC in a place that serves Alcohol?

super_squint

Treasurer, MOC, Inc. Oakland, Michigan, U
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Fraser Star Lanes
33042 Garfield Road
Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
5806 Hight st.
Bath, MI 48808

I hate to be a stickler for detail but don't you need a CPL to OC in a place that serves Alcohol?
Conservative, this is true. However, since we have permission from the private business owner, all CPL and non-CPL holders can OC. :)

"PLACES off limits to firearms without a CPL: Sec. 234d[/b] (1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following: a) A Bank[/b]. b) A church[/b]. c) A court[/b]. d) A theatre[/b]. e) A sports arena.[/b] f) A day care center[/b]. g) A hospital[/b]. h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act.[/b]
(2) [/b]This section does not apply to any of the following:
a)[/b] A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
b) [/b]A peace officer.
c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
d[/b]) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity."

sprinklerguy28

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Fraser Star Lanes
33042 Garfield Road
Fraser, MI 48026-1881

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
5806 Hight st.
Bath, MI 48808

You can not OC in any establishment licensed by the liquor control commission unless you have either permission from the owner or CPL.

mikestilly

imported post

We'll be there for sure. I havent bowled in years it's going to be embarrassing. lol

Mike

PS: Based on the way I see it the below is correct and as long as the owner gives permission OC is permitted.

Sec. 234d (1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following: a) A Bank. b) A church. c) A court. d) A theatre. e) A sports arena. f) A day care center. g) A hospital. h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act.
(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity."

mikestilly

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
From what I see...with the permission of the owner would we be able to CC in the bowling Alley with out a CPL?

Our discussion above was about OC. Off the top of my head you cannot CC unless you have a CPL or are an employee (with permission of the owner) or are the owner. The owner cannot give you permission to CC in a public business.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
From what I see...with the permission of the owner would we be able to CC in the bowling Alley with out a CPL?
Unfortunately, no. MCL 750.227 prohibits those without CPL's to CCin the bowling alley even with permission.