Thread: FLA CCW Question

Post imported post

I know this is Open Carry dot Org, but I am hoping someone can answer a CCW question for me.

I need to locate my CCW License number, but don't have my permit. Let me explain.

In April 2005, while a resident if FLA, I received my CCW from the State. Subsequent to that time, I moved to VA and received my CCW from VA. Thinking I would not need the FLA permit anymore, I shredded it.

I just found out that a FLA resident CCW is automatically converted to a non-resident CCW when you move out of state if you notify the state of your new address. Wish I'd have kept the FLA permit(&%$%$$&$&%)!

My FLA permit renews in April and I'd like to change my address so I can get it renewed. I can do that online (or via US Mail) but I need my license number.

Can I call the Division of Licensing and ask them for it? Is there any other way to get the number? I don't want to go through the hassle of telling them that it's been destroyed as I need to get all kinds of paperwork done and notarized. Was hoping to just do a change address and then a renewal.

Thanks for any assistance.

Post imported post

Mayhap...just call to update your address....If they ask for your #...the permit is still packed up...or lost in the move...I'm sure its something they've dealt with before.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

I did call the licensing division and just asked for my number. After providing "proof" of who I am, they did give me my license number.