• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner, Manassas, FRIDAY, 12/18

RichV

imported post

The OC dinner at Casa Chimayo in Manassas is back on.... but now scheduled for Friday 12/18 @ 7PM. Come on out. Family, friends, and kids welcome.

Casa Chimayo - (703) 369-2523
8209 Sudley Road
Manassas, VA, VA 20110 US

Please RSVP to evite.com so I can inform the restaurant of how many people will come.
http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/HMTIGZHDYNLAVQXYZZRC/OC

Look forward to meeting everyone. And sorry for the orig conflict with the VCDL meeting.

RichV

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'll be there if it's at all possible (I haven't checked with Her Ladyship, the Decorator General and Social Secretary, yet). I'd like to talk a couple of my boys into coming as well. Thursday night things bug me, because I've got a standing obligation every Thursday evening. I always miss the VCDL meetings, anyway.

RichV

imported post

Riana wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I'll be doing a ride along with FCPD Friday evening.
Hopefully, you won't be showing up, then. Ya never know, though... :shock:
Lots of PWC police go to Casa Chimayo... but I don't think we'll have any problems. They like the tacos!

Hunter, have you done a ride along before? I've got a couple of friends on the manassas city police department, but have never done the ride along.

10mm

imported post

RichV wrote:
Riana wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Lots of PWC police go to Casa Chimayo... but I don't think we'll have any problems. They like the tacos!

Hunter, have you done a ride along before? I've got a couple of friends on the manassas city police department, but have never done the ride along.
who cares if it's full of cops. don't be ashamed or nervous for carrying and willing to protect yourself.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

10mm wrote:
RichV wrote:
Riana wrote:
hunter45 wrote:

who cares if it's full of cops. don't be ashamed or nervous for carrying and willing to protect yourself.
Yeah. Besides for us it's our right. For them, it's just part of their job.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I can make this one.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'll probably show up "naked" - just in case I need to go into "lawyer mode" if some whacko in the restaurant feels himself personally challenged or irrationally threatened.

hunter45

imported post

RichV wrote:
Hunter, have you done a ride along before?   I've got a couple of friends on the manassas city police department, but have never done the ride along.

Nope, this will be my first one. I have a friend who works for Fairfax (in Mclean) but I'm going to be riding with someone I don't know at the Sully station.

nova

imported post

Just received this email...still planning on coming out but we'll have to watch the weather...might be a nasty drive home afterwords depending:

[font="PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif"]FYI

Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, and Arlington Counties,

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
WINTER STORM WATCH...IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

* PRECIP TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...HEAVY SNOW WITH ACCUMULATIONS GREATER THAN 5
INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN LATE FRIDAY NIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE
THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

* TEMPERATURES...UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S THROUGH THE EVENT.

* WINDS...10 TO 20 MPH THROUGH THE EVENT...WITH GUSTS OF 25 TO 30
MPH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST
FORECASTS.

Sent via email by Mason Alert
http://alert.gmu.edu

alert@gmu.edu

[/font][font="PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif"]

Sent to Arlington Severe Weather 8 AM - 9 PM, Arlington Severe Weather 24/7, City of Alexandria Severe Weather 24/7, City of Alexandria Severe Weather 8 AM - 9 PM, Fairfax Severe Weather 8 AM - 9 PM, Fairfax Severe Weather 24/7 , Loudoun County Severe Weather 8 AM - 9 PM, Loudoun County Severe Weather 24/7, Prince William Severe Weather 8 AM - 9 PM, Prince William Severe Weather 24/7 through Mason Alert[/font]

hunter45

imported post

The latest from Capital Weather:

15%: Less than 1"
15%: 1-3"
20%: 3-6"
30%: 6-12" (most likely as of now)
20%: 12"-24"

nova

imported post

but but but GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!

:lol::lol::banghead:

Dreamer

imported post

I might actually be able to come to this one...

I'm travelling to MD (Gaithersburg) to visit family, and will be arriving in the NoVA area (from NC) right around dinner time. I might swing out to Manassas on the way up and have dinner with you guys. I LOVES me some Mexican food, and have never eaten at thsi restaruant. (I'm a BIG fan of Anita's...)

If the weather isn't too nasty by the time I get to NoVA, that is...