Thread: BLM land

Post imported post

One day...eventually, I'm getting out to Wyoming. A vast portion of the state is administered by the BLM. I am unfamiliar with this bureau (I don't think we have any BLM land here at all in ky). Does the citizen have free access to BLM land? Hunting, fishing, carrying a gun?

Post imported post

Stophel wrote:
    One day...eventually, I'm getting out to Wyoming. A vast portion of the state is administered by the BLM. I am unfamiliar with this bureau (I don't think we have any BLM land here at all in ky). Does the citizen have free access to BLM land? Hunting, fishing, carrying a gun?

You can carry a gun, and as far as I can tell you can hunt, and fish but I'm no expert so you can look here under Title III Administration, Sec. 302

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial....dat/FLPMA.pdf

Another site to lok at would be: http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/PublicUseRules.pdf

or I have copied and pasted that section from the BLM and uploaded it into this file:

If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

Thank you!

Post imported post

Stophel wrote:
    One day...eventually, I'm getting out to Wyoming.* A vast portion of the state is administered by the BLM.* I am unfamiliar with this bureau (I don't think we have any BLM land here at all in ky).* Does the citizen have free access to BLM land?* Hunting, fishing, carrying a gun?

i sent a question regarding that while i was visiting arizona- they told me i could carry and even target shoot if i was not within a quarter mile of houses or people or roads. and if I cleaned up my mess...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

I shoot on BLM land here just outside Casper about once a month (weather permitting), feel free to do so in a safe manner. We just ask that you police the area when you are finished.

Post imported post

I don't leave a mess. Often, I end up picking up other people's trash...

Post imported post

Yes, OC is allowed in BLM and hunting is also permitted per local hunting regulations.

"Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson