• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hadley Township

lapeer20m

imported post

been oc'ing for a while, got my cpl yesterday and bought a new gun. I wanted my wife to shoot the new pistol. Even though i have shot in my back yard before, i wanted to double check that we didn't have any ordinances against discharging firearms...also thought i should check to see if there were anything covered by pre-emption.

went to the township offices and inquired about any ordinances pertaining to firearms...there aren't any.

wife got home, we were in back yard shooting, wearing ear protection of course. After a couple of rounds, wife elbows me and points, i look over and see my neighbor on the porch saying something to us, but can't hear what she is saying because i am wearing earplugs.

I remove my ear protection and begin walking over to hear what she has to say, fully expecting her to tell me that i cannot shoot in my back yard.

Me: "hey, how are ya?"

Neighbor: "great! you know, if your wife is having a difficult time hitting the target she should try shooting with both eyes open, i find it makes shooting much easier for me! "

She went on to tell me that her and her husband have had their cpl's for years, and that she is excited to see my wife out shooting. She thinks more women should be familiar with guns.

What i didn't tell my neighbor is that my ol' lady is a better shot than me! and i've been around guns all my life.

office888

imported post

Men are naturally tense.
Women aren't.

Ergo, they shoot better. Scientific fact!

Good to hear about your pro-gun neighbors. I wish there were more people in the world like that. :)

-Richard-

SpringerXDacp

imported post

office888 wrote:
Men are naturally tense.
Women aren't.

Ergo, they shoot better. Scientific fact!

Good to hear about your pro-gun neighbors. I wish there were more people in the world like that. :)

-Richard-
...at least next door to me. :quirky:?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Congrats on having pro-gun neighbors. I'm sure many like me are thinking "mine I wish I had neighbors like that"

Bronson

imported post

I have an NRA training counselor just a few doors down and Mastiff lives just a couple blocks away. When the SHTF come to our neighborhood and we'll set up a perimeter :p

Bronson