• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What caliber do you carry most often?

Which do you prefer most as your primary defensive weapon?

• .22lr/mag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .25ACP

• .38 Special

• .45ACP

• .44 Magnum

• Total voters

Dreamer

imported post

I most often carry a .45acp. but on the rare occasion when I'm trying to be uber-discrete and am CCing, I'll tote a Walther P22.

I have plans to add some sort of 10mm to my collection soon--either a Glock 20 or a Colt Delta Elite. Why is 10mm no included in the list?

And sometime next year, I'll be getting a couple revolvers in .357 Magnum/.38 Special and probably one or two SA pistols in .45 Long Colt...

But even with my expanded selection in the next year or so, I'll most likely carry a .45acp (or a 10mm when I get it) for defense. All the others will be "range guns", and for teaching...

Seniordep2010

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I most often carry a .45acp. but on the rare occasion when I'm trying to be uber-discrete and am CCing, I'll tote a Walther P22.

I have plans to add some sort of 10mm to my collection soon--either a Glock 20 or a Colt Delta Elite. Why is 10mm no included in the list?

And sometime next year, I'll be getting a couple revolvers in .357 Magnum/.38 Special and probably one or two SA pistols in .45 Long Colt...

But even with my expanded selection in the next year or so, I'll most likely carry a .45acp (or a 10mm when I get it) for defense. All the others will be "range guns", and for teaching...
When I was making the poll it said it could only have 10 options, so that's why some are left out.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock 22C, .40 S&W mmmm, mmmm good

You left out some other very common calibers:

.380 ACP
.327 Federal Magnum
.357 SIG
10mm Auto

Of course, there are othres, those at least deserve to be in that poll.

KaptainK

imported post

Usually carry .45acp (1911)

occasionally .380 (bersa thunder)

I would like to add 10mm and .357sig to my list but with local availability, probably not anytime soon. :banghead:

okboomer

imported post

Generally, I carry which ever matches my outfit :cool:

The UCII .45 matches my "dress down over shirt" for summer carry and myblack winter jacket (CC only in my state)

The EMP 9mm matches my summer weight jacket and my Native American stylewinter jacket.

The BobCat always goes along in my shoulder-carried fanny pack. I don't carry a purse at all.

And it all fits under my black leather jacket ... ooooooh, guns are such wonderful fashion accessories:celebrate

Impatiently waiting for OC - then I can add holsters to my accessorizing:celebrate:celebrate

kito109654

imported post

Seniordep2010 wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
I carry a 9mm but it's my only option currently. ;)

I plan to add .45 and .357 to my choices within the next few months.
What make and model do you carry, and what do you hope to carry in the future?

I carry a Kahr CW9 and love it.

I've been wanting a 1911, and will probably start out with a Rock Island Armory with skeletonized hammer and full beavertail. Locally they are $450 new. That seems like a good value for a first 1911.

Before that, however, I need an all-purpose back country gun (lots of mountain lions in the areas I hunt/fish/camp/hike). I'm looking at the S&W 686+, a 7 shot .357 magnum in the 3" barrel length so that it can be an OC gun as well but I'm considering the 4" Ruger GP100 and putting the savings towards a scope so that it can double as a hunting gun (4" minimum barrel lenth for hunting here in WA).

tdbarge

imported post

Right now Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum.

I have an FNP-40 that I got recently, just haven't had a chance to get a good retention holster for it, will probably primarily carry that weapon when I do though.

brokenbarrel

imported post

rossi 6 shot 357 snub,hi-point 380 acp(b4 anyone says anything 1000's of rounds and no jams or ftfs)i researched b4 buying so first thing i did was polish the feed ramp.A walther p22 and upuntil yesterday s&w sigma 40 ve,had to pawn itsanta is bringing my son a power wheels quad by yamaha...Iwas gettin sick to my stomach at the pawn shop ive never sold any of my guns only buy more,I felt all better when i left wally world with the raptor in my truck...

Seniordep2010

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
had to pawn itsanta is bringing my son a power wheels quad by yamaha...Iwas gettin sick to my stomach at the pawn shop ive never sold any of my guns only buy more,I felt all better when i left wally world with the raptor in my truck...
Good man. ;)