• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What caliber do you carry most often?

Which do you prefer most as your primary defensive weapon?

• .22lr/mag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .25ACP

• .38 Special

• .45ACP

• .44 Magnum

• Total voters

Sabotage70

imported post

.40 s&w
XDm 40 for OC and CC
PT-140 pro for CC
I have S&W j-frame(model 49) But I took the dinky grips off and put a hogue mono grip on it. With the larger grip it now sticks a little out of the pocket just a bit. Preventing it from being a BUG.
But I do carry two extra mags with my 40's
31 total rds with the pt-140
49 total rds with the XDm 40
As long as the guns don't fail or something else. I can carry a lot more than just the 5 rds of 38 in the BUG.
I could always carry the pt as a bug but it's also big to carry in the front pocket of my pants.

Norton1

imported post

38 Spl Model 49 S&W. I just love this little pistol.

Have a model 59 S&W in 9mm that I've owned and carried since the 70s.

Of all the handguns I own I have a little 22 7 shot H&R that is just a nice fit however you want to carry it. I'm a believer that caliber is not all that important. It's important that I carry.

God bless ya
Steve

KansasMustang

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
.40 XD sub 12+1 with x-tra mags

9mm. no good for barriers and winter clothes.

.45 too much recoil, not enough capacity.
.45 too much recoil? in what? My XD has very little noticeable recoil. And capacity? 13+1 is not small capacity. Of course that's my OC pistol. or a Ruger Vaquero. For CC it's a Taurus PT140. Been thinkin' real hard about a Kahr .45 tho' but .40 cal ain't too shabby at the knock down.

CaveMan

imported post

I prefer 9mm. I like the capacity & price of ammo. My arthritic wrists prefer the 9 also.

curtm1911

imported post

City OC, a Taurus PT-1911 + 2 8 rd. mags.

Camping OC, Ruger Redhawk 5.5 bbl .44 + 2 Speed Loaders.

CC Carry, Kel Tec P-11 with 12 rd. mag + 2 more 12's.

The P-11 goes with me all the time. OC or CC environment. City carry sometimes dictates CC.

KJ_duc

imported post

Glock 19. Small enough to conceal and big enough to fight with. Great magazine capacity, extremely reliable and 9mm is more than adequate for self defense in terms of penetration and performance.

mel5051

imported post

Walther P99 AS full size 9mm with DPM advanced recoil system springs & stainless steel rod loaded with 124 gr SXT +P, Kahr P9 9mm loaded with Corbon +P 115gr JHP.

curtiswr

imported post

.45 in either my Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 or my Glock 30

Plan on adding a Glock 36, or some other slim and small(er) .45 to my line-up soon. Considering a Kahr PM45, but I'm kind of stuck on Glock right now. :D

NativH

imported post

Well my most common carry is a G32 in 357 SIG but I chose the 45 ACP option since my second most common carry is a Kimber Tactical Ultra II in 45 ACP. Both work just fine.

rob99vmi04

imported post

I carry a glock 19 always. I am curious how many of the 10 m m folks and 45 folks actually shoot their carry gun and to what extent. I put 1k-2k rounds a month through my carry gun.

CarryOpen

imported post

I carry an FNP9 and an SP101. I hope they aren't just for girls - I mostly shoot at guy silhouettes :uhoh:

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'd prefer my .44 caliber cap and ball black powder revolver, but that's only for aesthetics.

I'd also prefer "my" .44 Mag Ruger Redhawk, as one shot from that will drop an intruder/perp cold while pumping the adrenaline of the rest so far, high, and fast they turn to jelly. But that was a loner and back with it's rightful owner.

9mm for practical use