• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friday 12/18 OC Meetup

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
Already have it saved on my GPS. See you guys there.

btw, I offered Poolsharker a ride, so hopefully we'll both be there.
WHOA WHOA WHOA. You are not supposed to say PooL! Now everybody knows what its actually pronounced as, and means!!!! Dammit! Ok well I answered your PM, and I am free tonight so yeah I am down!!!

swatspyder

imported post

Ok, so I'm over here at a coffee cafe with my girlfriend and a couple of her friends, and here sit about 4 officers.

I asked one of the deputies about whether or not the CPL information comes up on screen, and as far as his information goes, they do not see anything on screen. The only time he would know if you have a CPL it would be if he calls in wants, warrants and all information through dispatch records.

So, this is coming from the Fircrest city deputy and I asked him about the LINX system. I don't know if it is different for county deputies or state patrol.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

M1Gunr

I didn't get a ride from you, I thought you were supposed to foot my bill ;)

Tonight was cool, I am getting familiarized with OCDO.

And this place DEFINITELY needs to be diverse, everyone was white and old (SS you too) and as GreatWhiteLlama puts it "Don't forget overweight;)", me (asian mix) and Aryk45XD‏ (Hispanic) were the minority.

And even worse, I felt so different without a gun on my belt.....*sniff sniff*

But hey! First time I seen open carriers outside of a gunstore! Wow! I was ready to do a 911 MWAG (plural M) call! ;)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Ok, so I'm over here at a coffee cafe with my girlfriend and a couple of her friends, and here sit about 4 officers.

I asked one of the deputies about whether or not the CPL information comes up on screen, and as far as his information goes, they do not see anything on screen. The only time he would know if you have a CPL it would be if he calls in wants, warrants and all information through dispatch records.

So, this is coming from the Fircrest city deputy and I asked him about the LINX system. I don't know if it is different for county deputies or state patrol.
If they run your drivers license, your CPL info comes up.

swatspyder

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

If they run your drivers license, your CPL info comes up.
Like I said, it could be different outside of Fircrest. I would have to ask a Pierce Co. deputy.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Nope, I saw no camera flashes....

There were however flashes when SWAT and Aryk and another guy and I pulled out our totally cool LED lights! Some blinding did happen!

Edited to add:

I will definitely try to get pics next time, or remind someone to bring a camera right before it goes down.

swatspyder

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Did anyone get any pics. Always like seeing them.
All you would have seen was a group of ugly guys (with the exception of myself of course... cough), one lucky lady towards the end of the meet, a few milkshakes and some left over food on the table from these messy eaters. Other than that, it was low-key and fun. Some tactical information was exchanged, lots of humor and bickering from the Marines side of OCDO :p and we now have another possible OCDO member who went to the meet with G22Paddy, now "G23."

And referring to the flashes of light, my light source was this $13 LED Hi > Mid > Fast Strobe flashlight:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26497

sku_26497_1.jpg

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
Lol, you guys are so funny. So, I take you all had a good time?
Yeah, I guess so, although at the end when everyone stood up to go, I was like "what the heck, I came all way from southcenter and only 2 hours for the meet???".

kito109654

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Yeah, I guess so, although at the end when everyone stood up to go, I was like "what the heck, I came all way from southcenter and only 2 hours for the meet???".
How long can someone really spend in Denny's though?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
How long can someone really spend in Denny's though?
Doesn't matter where you are at, as long as you are in the presence of good people and you are having a good time. I been to that exact Denny's location somewhere between 1-3 AM I BELIEVE (Not sure exact time).

Aryk45XD

imported post

Perhaps we should have had some coffee or something afterwords. It wasn't bad for a late meet on Friday night. There was definitely some blinding lights around. Perhaps an idea of going to the range and going out to eat after might be a good idea.
Oh, and I got lost for a while after dropping Pooshark off at home. damn GPS wasn't picking up with all the fog I guess.
In addition to the cool nuns, there was a thuglish dude looking very concerned as he walked into Denny's while I was out smoking with Jarhead. :cool: Took the pimp out of his walk for a few steps.

amzbrady

imported post

Thats why pictures are so important. From what I've seen in the past, cant imagine any left over food, would have either been eaten or worn out disguised as t shirts with stains.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
In addition to the cool nuns, there was a thuglish dude looking very concerned as he walked into Denny's while I was out smoking with Jarhead. :cool: Took the pimp out of his walk for a few steps.
Don't forget your 4 o'clock; the big dude with his children, with his eyes locked on you especially when you were fiddling with your cool belt accessories!