• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw this on WND

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

David Turner wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=119087

I just picked this up. Makes your blood run cold.

Video of guerilla training camps right in your own back-yard.

Oh really? Where did they get this video? Where were the scenes in the videotaken? It looks like a lot of stuff no different from what a lot of other non-muslim militias have been doing for years.

The government certainly isn't letting groups get away with this, they picked up a whole family of them here in North Carolina this year for running a training camp in their back yard (in rural NC)!

I think there is more to this video than the Christian Action Network would lead us to believe.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
David Turner wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=119087

I just picked this up. Makes your blood run cold.

Video of guerilla training camps right in your own back-yard.

Oh really? Where did they get this video? Where were the scenes in the videotaken? It looks like a lot of stuff no different from what a lot of other non-muslim militias have been doing for years.

The government certainly isn't letting groups get away with this, they picked up a whole family of them here in North Carolina this year for running a training camp in their back yard (in rural NC)!

I think there is more to this video than the Christian Action Network would lead us to believe.

Keep believing that...:lol:

"The government certainly isn't letting groups get away with this"

You're kidding right? I mean really, the gov't is so incompetent it brings guffaws when I see people so willing to believe "they've got it under control". They knew about major hassan for months, but of course nothing was done about him. You mean to tell me they'll get all of these other sociopaths before they do something?

WTF are people smoking now a days?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, you've got me there, they certainly don't get everyone, and I must agree upon further thought they [the government] sometimes do a piss poor job of getting the right people at the right time. I digress.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Well, you've got me there, they certainly don't get everyone, and I must agree upon further thought they [the government] sometimes do a piss poor job of getting the right people at the right time. I digress.
Thanks for the acknowledgement, I hoped it would help you consider the issue more closely. I will add that I usually find WND to be the right wing equivalent of the huffington post. That is, a lot of exageration and fear mongering. That said, I'm sure there are muzbot groups out there making plans and training for jihad that aren't even on the radar.

We-the-People

imported post

There is only one thing government does right that is within it's Constitutional powers and that one thing was one which the founding fathers were adamant that the government NOT take to doing.

What is that one thing? The military.

The founding fathers despised the idea of a standing army, thus the Second Amendment included the "well organized militia" because the PEOPLE were to provide the military defense of the country should it be necessary. Now, the founders could not have forseen the "progress" that's been made since the inception of this grand experiment in representative government and I do think that a standing Army is a necessity in modern times. However, the militia is also still a necessity and the militia, according to Title 10, US Code, is the people.

David Turner

imported post

The "standing army" argument is interesting.

The Swiss manage with only 5% of their military force as "regular soldiers". Granted, they don't get involved in too many military adventures.

Following the Second World War, American psychologists (and others) studied the effectiveness of soldiers. They found that the most effecive soldiers were ones who had volunteered, but were not regulars.

So, the guys walked into a recruiting station, were whisked off for a few months fitness and weapons' training, then found themselves in Italy or Northern Europe, or the Pacific.

The theory is that these chaps were more flexible in their approach to tactical situations...they were less hidebound by years of training in the "received wisdom" of combat. They "learned-on-the -ob" or quickly became casualties.

As I recall, chaps in Northern Europe, who were "engaged" in one day out of three, reached their "combat peak" after about 14 days. This is a surprisingly short time. Thereafter, their efficiency began to fall off, until after about 6-8 weeks, they were practically spent and ineffective.

IMO, a large and well-funded National Guard is the way to go. Sure, there are some jobs which require full-time personnel, but how many? It would be interesting to find out.

Furthermore, a large Guard would encourage the voting public to get "involved" with politics. Every man would take an interest in his Country's dealings if he thought that his "own boots" might be "on the ground" in some sandy dung-hole of a country.

We, of course (in UK) have done the complete opposite...delegating to the State the complete responsibility for our security. There is only a small "National Guard" over here. Most soldiers are employed full-time.The result is that no-one really takes much interest in our military adventures...unless they start to become expensive and we have to dig into our wallets.

Nah, too cynical.

But, the best thing about the Swiss system is that it promotes democracy. It gives its citizens responsibility (they are required to keep their military personal weapons at home). And, we all know that it is a necessary requirement of the oppressive state that the populace first be disarmed.

On balance, I think that your Founding Fathers were absolutely right.

ps. The Swiss' society is remarkably peaceable, despite 40% of its households having "assaultweapons". Or, so I'm told. I never actually visited Switzerland.

rodbender

imported post

Watched a documentary on Switzerland a good while back. It has an almost crimeless society. Over 50% of crimes are committed by foreigners.

We-the-People

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Watched a documentary on Switzerland a good while back. It has an almost crimeless society. Over 50% of crimes are committed by foreigners.

I did a speech in college last quarter on "gun control myths", one of which was that gun control (i.e. no guns) reduces crime. I'll try to attach the power point to this but here are the numbers for

Australia, with a gun ban, has 4.1% of it's population violently victimized each year.

Britain, with a gun ban, has 3.6% of it's population violently victimized each year.

Canada, with full firearms registration, has 3.4% of it's population violently victimized each year.

The Swiss, with 740,000 "assault rifles" in private homes with 420,000 of them fully automatic, has 2.1% of it's population violently victimized each year.

And here in America, with 65+ MILLION guns in private hands, 1.8% of our population is violently victimized each year.

Yup, Gun Control works. If you're definition of "gun control" is law abiding citizens controlling crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KansasMustang

imported post

Just me sayin it, but to get back on the Jihad subject. These folks said that they want our country, for my money, I'm saying "come on and try gettin it!!!!
Keep your powder dry!!!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wonder if the next "Action Rifle Match" is a 'training camp?'

And if it were, what's wrong with that? Should the unorganized militia all be fat and clueless?