Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheboygan offers Concealed Carry permit!!!!

Post imported post

Ok, I know everyone is going to get all worked up over this, but let me explain.

While researching the restrictive ordinances in towns around the state regarding open carry, I came across the ordinance listed below from the City of Sheboygan. While I'm fairly certain they will NEVER issue a concealed carry permit to anyone, it IS on the books as I read it.

Not sure if it's anything that's worth anything to anyone, but found it to be interesting that it's worded the way it is, and that it's still on the books.

I'm thinking they more mean just a permit to carry a firearm, not necessarily a concealed one, but based on the wording at the beginning, you be the judge.

Let me know how you all read it and what your opinion is.

I've underlined the parts I see, it's not underlined in the actual muni-code.

Thanks!

Jason

Sheboygan http://library6.municode.com/default...ction=whatsnew

Sec. 70-253. Permit for carrying firearms.
    No person, except police officers, regular or special, or any officer authorized to serve process, shall carry or wear concealed about his person any firearms, slingshot, cross knuckles, knuckles of lead, brass or other metal, a Bowie knife, dirk knife, dirk or dagger within the limits of the city; provided, however, that the chief of police may, upon any written application to him made, issue a written permit to any person to carry within the city a pistol or revolver when it is made to appear to the chief of police to be necessary for the personal safety of such person or for the safety of his property, or the property with which he may be entrusted, to carry such weapon; and the holding of such permit by such person shall be a bar to prosecution under this section. Such permit when issued shall be valid for the time stated thereon, but in no event in excess of one year. The chief of police shall keep the names and addresses of all persons to whom he may grant such permits in a book to be kept for that purpose, and he shall have power to revoke any such permit at any time.
    (Code 1975, § 26-28)

Post imported post

FIRE MISSION, EVERYONE !!!!!!!!

write the chief & flood his office with letters. make sure you copy paste that ordinance on your letter.

Dear, Chief

I need a concealed carry permit because I am afraid of the islamic extremists that live amongst us. I fear for my life everyday & drive through Sheboygan on a regular basis.

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:

write the chief & flood his office with letters. make sure you copy paste that ordinance on your letter.

Dear, Chief

I need a concealed carry permit because I am afraid of the islamic extremists that live amongst us. I fear for my life everyday & drive through Sheboygan on a regular basis.

Ok, at least I'm not the only one that reads it that way. I was starting to sweat...lol

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Neither 941.23 nor 66.0409 seem to have exceptions here applicable.
    icepik wrote:
    Ok, I know everyone is going to get all worked up over this
    No one should get "worked up" over this. Oh, here are some exclamation points just for the sake of argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Post imported post

icepik wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:

Dear, Chief

Ok, at least I'm not the only one that reads it that way. I was starting to sweat...lol
    I own a home based small business / wedding DJ service, I am checking my emails all the time, i get notified everytime someone posts new stuff....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:

No one should get "worked up" over this. Oh, here are some exclamation points just for the sake of argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO, McFLY .... no one was getting worked up over this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:

lol, yeah I know it's way out there and will never work. Just thought it was interesting and felt the need to share.

As said before, I know they'll never issue a permit, or that it would be valid anywhere else if they did, but still made me smile.

Some days you need something, besides this freezing weather, to make ya smile.

Post imported post

Sec. 70-xxx. Permit for walking a dog.
    No person, except veternarians, shall walk a dog or wear a pink tutu within the limits of the city; provided, however, that the chief of police may, upon any written application to him made, issue a written permit to any person to walk a dog when it is made to appear to the chief of police to be necessary for the defecation process of such a dog; and the holding of such permit by such person shall be a bar to prosecution under this section. Such permit when issued shall be valid for the time stated thereon, but in no event in excess of one year. The chief of police shall keep the names and addresses of all persons to whom he may grant such permits in a book to be kept for that purpose, and he shall have power to revoke any such permit at any time.

(Code 1975, § 26-28)

You are not a veternarian.

Can you walk a dog in the city without a permit? With a permit?

Can you wear a pink tutu in the city without a permit? With a permit?

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    Sec. 70-xxx. Permit for walking a dog.
    No person, except veternarians, shall walk a dog or wear a pink tutu within the limits of the city; provided, however, that the chief of police may, upon any written application to him made, issue a written permit to any person to walk a dog when it is made to appear to the chief of police to be necessary for the defecation process of such a dog; and the holding of such permit by such person shall be a bar to prosecution under this section. Such permit when issued shall be valid for the time stated thereon, but in no event in excess of one year. The chief of police shall keep the names and addresses of all persons to whom he may grant such permits in a book to be kept for that purpose, and he shall have power to revoke any such permit at any time.

(Code 1975, § 26-28)

You are not a veternarian.

Can you walk a dog in the city without a permit? With a permit?

Can you wear a pink tutu in the city without a permit? With a permit?
    Now you're just being silly.:celebrate I'll walk my dog in the city and we'll both wear our pink tutu's...

Post imported post

From the Chief's Desk
    At this time, Timothy Eirich is the interim Chief of Police until the position is filled permanently. Please feel free to contact Chief Eirich with any of your questions or concerns.

Chief Tim Eirich
    920-459-3343

mailto:tim.eirich@ci.sheboygan.wi.us

I might have to send him an e-mail asking for a permit!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

logan wrote:
    From the Chief's Desk
    At this time, Timothy Eirich is the interim Chief of Police until the position is filled permanently. Please feel free to contact Chief Eirich with any of your questions or concerns.

Chief Tim Eirich
    920-459-3343

mailto:tim.eirich@ci.sheboygan.wi.us

I might have to send him an e-mail asking for a permit!
    ok, we got a red phone...a direct line to the chief. should we use it sure, why not

Post imported post

I e-mailed him asking how to go about getting a permit.

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The WI state preemption statute makes the Sheboygan statute null & void, it is simply useless verbiage in their statute book, nothing more.

And then we need to look at this from another angle, a locality cannot grant behavior that is already prohibited at the state level. Localities can have laws that are more restrictive than state statutes,(except when it comes to firearms and ammuntion)but they cannot loosen restrictions more thanat the state level.

For instance, if Cudahy stated using marijuana was legal in Cudahy city limits, it would mean nothing, any state officer could still arrest and you could be prosecuted at the state level. That is similar to what is happening in CA right now with medical pot.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    The WI state preemption statute makes the Sheboygan statute null & void, it is simply useless verbiage in their statute book, nothing more.

And then we need to look at this from another angle, a locality cannot grant behavior that is already prohibited at the state level. Localities can have laws that are more restrictive than state statutes,(except when it comes to firearms and ammuntion)but they cannot loosen restrictions more thanat the state level.

For instance, if Cudahy stated using marijuana was legal in Cudahy city limits, it would mean nothing, any state officer could still arrest and you could be prosecuted at the state level. That is similar to what is happening in CA right now with medical pot.
    Yes, of course even if he were to give a person a permit it wouldn't be worth anything. But they just might be surprised to see people asking for a concealed carry permit.

Member of:

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I think walking a dog in a pink tutu would bring more surprised tut-tuts. If surprise is indeed the objective.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have never seen a dog in a pink tutu.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The Sheboygan ordinance 70-253 is invalid on two fronts. First is goes against the premption statute 66.0409. Second it argues with the SSC opinion in Hamdan, specifically paragraph 48. In that paragraphthe SSC said that the concealed weapon prohibition statute 941.23 is a strict liability statute that prohibits anyone but a police officer from going armed with a concelaed and dangerous weapon.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:

And then we need to look at this from another angle, a locality cannot grant behavior that is already prohibited at the state level. Localities can have laws that are more restrictive than state statutes,(except when it comes to firearms and ammuntion)*but they cannot loosen restrictions more than*at the state level.

wait........what???we are NOT allowed to smoke marijuana in cudahy???

Post imported post

Lammie wrote:
    The Sheboygan ordinance 70-253 is invalid on two fronts. First is goes against the premption statute 66.0409. Second it argues with the SSC opinion in Hamdan, specifically paragraph 48. In that paragraphthe SSC said that the concealed weapon prohibition statute 941.23 is a strict liability statute that prohibits anyone but a police officer from going armed with a concelaed and dangerous weapon.
    You do know that, no one here took it seriously.

McX

Post imported post

Holy poop! Where do I go? Where is the start of the line? Where do I get the form to fill out?...............oh, it's just legal mumbo-jumbo. Well, for a minute I was excited!

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Lammie wrote:
    Even I, as the original poster, didn't take it seriously. I simply pointed it out because of the wording that was there, and thought if enough people saw it the same way, I too would think it interesting that many people would suddenly request this "permit".

As stated before, they won't issue it, we all know it, but fun none the less.

Some people on here take things way to seriously.

Thus the reason I hate forums or any internet message/chat boards, there is a very huge lack of emotion in text that sometimes takes away from the intended message or the way it was intended to be delivered.

Smile everyone, that's not illegal...at least I don't think it is...maybe I should check the ordinances first...lol :celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I happen to take my right to keep and bear arms very serious. I don't see them as a joking matter.

Post imported post

icepik wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    Lammie wrote:
    Even I, as the original poster, didn't take it seriously. I simply pointed it out because of the wording that was there, and thought if enough people saw it the same way, I too would think it interesting that many people would suddenly request this "permit".

As stated before, they won't issue it, we all know it, but fun none the less.

Some people on here take things way to seriously.

Thus the reason I hate forums or any internet message/chat boards, there is a very huge lack of emotion in text that sometimes takes away from the intended message or the way it was intended to be delivered.

Smile everyone, that's not illegal...at least I don't think it is...maybe I should check the ordinances first...lol :celebrate
    so so true.

McX

Post imported post

i got my permit to smile- concealed. still working on the grin, frown.

McX

Post imported post

sorry, double post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast