• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheboygan offers Concealed Carry permit!!!!

icepik

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Lammie wrote:
The Sheboygan ordinance 70-253 is invalid on two fronts. First is goes against the premption statute 66.0409. Second it argues with the SSC opinion in Hamdan, specifically paragraph 48. In that paragraphthe SSC said that the concealed weapon prohibition statute 941.23 is a strict liability statute that prohibits anyone but a police officer from going armed with a concelaed and dangerous weapon.
You do know that, no one here took it seriously. :cool:
Even I, as the original poster, didn't take it seriously. I simply pointed it out because of the wording that was there, and thought if enough people saw it the same way, I too would think it interesting that many people would suddenly request this "permit".

As stated before, they won't issue it, we all know it, but fun none the less.

Some people on here take things way to seriously.

Thus the reason I hate forums or any internet message/chat boards, there is a very huge lack of emotion in text that sometimes takes away from the intended message or the way it was intended to be delivered.

Smile everyone, that's not illegal...at least I don't think it is...maybe I should check the ordinances first...lol :celebrate

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I happen to take my right to keep and bear arms very serious. I don't see them as a joking matter.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

icepik wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Lammie wrote:
The Sheboygan ordinance 70-253 is invalid on two fronts. First is goes against the premption statute 66.0409. Second it argues with the SSC opinion in Hamdan, specifically paragraph 48. In that paragraphthe SSC said that the concealed weapon prohibition statute 941.23 is a strict liability statute that prohibits anyone but a police officer from going armed with a concelaed and dangerous weapon.
You do know that, no one here took it seriously. :cool:
Even I, as the original poster, didn't take it seriously. I simply pointed it out because of the wording that was there, and thought if enough people saw it the same way, I too would think it interesting that many people would suddenly request this "permit".

As stated before, they won't issue it, we all know it, but fun none the less.

Some people on here take things way to seriously.

Thus the reason I hate forums or any internet message/chat boards, there is a very huge lack of emotion in text that sometimes takes away from the intended message or the way it was intended to be delivered.

Smile everyone, that's not illegal...at least I don't think it is...maybe I should check the ordinances first...lol :celebrate
so so true. :lol:

M

McX

imported post

i got my permit to smile- concealed. still working on the grin, frown.:D

icepik

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I happen to take my right to keep and bear arms very serious. I don't see them as a joking matter.
Now you're just getting carried away. :banghead:

No-one said the right to bear arms was a joking matter.

The wording of one ordinance in Sheboygan was what was a bit funny based on the circumstances and the concealed carry thing.

The right to bear arms, and all rights afforded to us are very serious, but when some people get carried away and start to turn into a crabby fart, it starts to look bad for the lot of us.

Lighten up (Everyone, not just the one I quoted)...I'll leave it at that before I turn into a crabby fart...

AaronS

imported post

icepik wrote:
Lammie wrote:
Now you're just getting carried away. :banghead:

No-one said the right to bear arms was a joking matter.

The wording of one ordinance in Sheboygan was what was a bit funny based on the circumstances and the concealed carry thing.

The right to bear arms, and all rights afforded to us are very serious, but when some people get carried away and start to turn into a crabby fart, it starts to look bad for the lot of us.

Lighten up (Everyone, not just the one I quoted)...I'll leave it at that before I turn into a crabby fart...

Icepik, I think you are one of the best "new" members we have had in a long time. Please do not let the few bitter members we have make you feel bad. Some people just will not be happy, no matter what you try to do...

Carry on.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Hi ya, Lammie,

I think that you're the best of the "old" members, and of our old members, that we have had. Please do not be discouraged by the few stupid members, old or new, they will not be educated no mater what is tried. You can lead an horse to water but you can't make him drink - or, his behind, think.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ God damn the Obamination

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Hi ya, Lammie,

I think that you're the best of the "old" members, and of our old members, that we have had. Please do not be discouraged by the few stupid members, old or new, they will not be educated no mater what is tried. You can lead an horse to water but you can't make him drink - or, his behind, think.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ God damn the Obamination
yes, please do not be discouraged by Doug, he can't help himself.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just came across this topic again and I realized...I never heard back from the police chief about my concealed carry permit. What a bad business man! Not even taking care of his customers....:shock: