• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roll Call

kito109654

imported post

As I've mentioned elsewhere before, it seems that most(not all)members on the west side are either in the Bellingham area or the Tacoma area, two hours north and two hours south of me.

I'd love to get a head count of those who are in between to see what kind of possibility there is for local member OC gatherings. All members are, of course, welcome to join in these meets but I'm just thinking about what's realistic for people to be able to participate in on a semi-regular basis.

So, those of you from approximately Arlington to Seattle, sound off. Indicate where you live if it's not underneath your screen name and whether or not you might be able to make an OC meet in a central area, say the south Everett area.

If we get a decent count we should set up a plan for after the holidays.

kito109654

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
If everyone updated their location in their profile this thread would not be needed.

<---------- my location
I disagree. I want to know who's active and willing to participate in a meet. I acknowledged that our locations are under our SN.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Carnation- not exactly between Arlington & Seattle, more to theeast, but south Everett is certainly doable. Haven't made it to any meets yet because of either distance or timing issues, but would like to meet some of the rest of you.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

kito109654 wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
If everyone updated their location in their profile this thread would not be needed.

<---------- my location
I disagree. I want to know who's active and willing to participate in a meet. I acknowledged that our locations are under our SN.
Those that are active, post replies in the many threads that abound here on OCDO. There are many days I do not post in the Washington forum as I spend my time in Kentucky or the national side of things.

kito109654

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:

<---------- my location
Those that are active, post replies in the many threads that abound here on OCDO. There are many days I do not post in the Washington forum as I spend my time in Kentucky or the national side of things.

Is there a simple way to look them up by locationand see if they are willing to participate locally? No.

Hence the thread. I don't see your issue.Please feel free to ignore this thread if it annoys you. :banghead:

I just want to know who's local and who would like to participate, that isall. I'm trying to further the cause and this seemed the most efficient way to do it.

kito109654

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Sweet.

sudden valley gunner wrote:

I do believe Jbone is in your area too.
Okay, hopefully he stops by this thread so he can be on the same page.

ak56 wrote:

Carnation- not exactly between Arlington & Seattle, more to theeast, but south Everett is certainly doable. Haven't made it to any meets yet because of either distance or timing issues, but would like to meet some of the rest of you.
Sounds good. I'd definitely like to meet more members.

phone guy wrote:

Great, thanks for letting us know.

heresolong

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
As I've mentioned elsewhere before, it seems that most(not all)members on the west side are either in the Bellingham area<--snip-->
I love it. Bellingham has become the hot bed of OC radicalism. Well done, guys.

Aryk45XD

imported post

South Seattle/ Renton, but I go to Everett any time I have the want for some wienerschnitzel. So I guess i'm flexable on travel... If it's something worth traveling for. :lol:

kito109654

imported post

I appreciate everyone stopping in, I knew there were quite a few of ya! :)

A PM I received and responded to. I thought it might be of interest, and that it would again reiterate what the purpose of this thread is. Again. Again. lol. ;)

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me. That's great that there have been publicized meetings but that was 9 months ago, basically documentedhistory. As far as the thread I started I'm just trying to get an idea of who would be interested in being involved in _sustainable_ meetings (monthly maybe)just for the fun of hanging out with like-minded folk, yet in a public place so that we can be seen as what we are: normal people doing normal things while exercising our rights. I'm completely fine with news and high exposure but low-key meetings are lacking and I'm simply trying to see if there is any interest in such a thing?

I thought that was 100% clear in the thread, maybe not.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2009-12-16 20:17:18
Subject:

I see you haven't been around long.We have already had some big meets organized by myself and Manu.See following videos.We also had a huge mneet at my apt complex last july and march all covered by TV.JImhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MQgWu_9Jo
KOMO 4 5PM News Broadcast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8KW40bjLw

KOMO 4 6PM News Broadcast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8yinMa6hc

Wonderful, there have been large local meets before! :celebrateMaybe I'm too zealous, or enjoy the company of like-minded folk too much but I think we should be meeting more often. Imagine how much more motivated to action that we could be if our meets are monthly. So, let's take it one at a time, how about we plan something for January, say, the second week of January so that most will be back from vacations and our schedules will have calmed down a bit.

South Everett is fairly central so, assuming that to be the meeting area,what days work well for you guys? My guess at a day that will work for most is a Sunday evening.

So, the evening of January 10th, a little over three weeks advance notice, who thinks they could make that work in their schedules? (barring unforseen circumstances which are a fact of life)

1245A Defender

imported post

nofoa wrote:
<~~ Arlington

I seem to recall someone saying that we are second to virginia in people and posts.

click on the open carry dicousion forum at the top, and youll see state statistics.

click on washington in your location and you get a map of states to click.

virginia beats us by approx 40%, and we beat everybody else by quite a margin!