• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Conifer/Littleton, Any one else?

Suburban78

imported post

I'm new to this site and to OC. Just looking to see if anyone has had trouble with Jeffco Sheriff or Littleton PD or any local businesses? I have submitted my application for my CC permit but will still OC to support 2nd amendment rights and to educate others. As a father of 5 daughters, I will push for them to also OC/CC and defend them selfs and their rights. Thank you for your time.

ACEllis

Hutch/Wichita ~ Missing Littleton, Co :(, Kansas,
imported post

I did some OC time in the Littleton areas. Never had one interaction with law enforcement regarding it after living in the region for 7 months. If you want good NY style pizza in a place that is friendly to OC, southeast corner of Wadsworth and Bowles is a place called MC's Pizza.

AC-OCmeet.jpg

This was taken there. Don't ask me why, but we all got together to take a photo AND DIDN'T THINK TO TURN TO THE SIDE TO ALLOW OUR PISTOLS TO BE IN THE PICTURE. (You can almost make out the Glock on the kneeling guys right side.) I'm still slapping my forehead on that one. The owner is an older Italian guy from Brooklyn who appreciated having good gun carriers in his business.

I also OC'd at the Red Robin just down the street from there as well. No complaints there, but I honestly don't believe anyone noticed, not even the waitress who bumped into my strong side while I was walking to the bathroom. OC'ed Wal-Mart at C-470 and Bowles during peak business ours on a weekend just before I was on my way out of state. I know people noticed there, but never an interaction and I was in the store for at least 10 minutes.

The only actual "surprise" OC interaction I had was while helping put a fence up with my roommate and another while at the apartment of this girl I had been dating, both the same day during election season. Both surprised parties were Obama campaign door knockers. The one at the girl's house I wanted to get rid of quick, he was interrupting us watching a movie. He wouldn't take no thanks as an answer so I came to the door right behind her and started engaging him in conversation. He saw the pistol and hurried through his talking points and left. The guy who interrupted me during the yard work asked my roommate if he was me. He said no and pointed to me carrying a few 2x8's. He saw the pistol and wouldn't stand any closer than 20 feet away and started his speech by saying, "Well, um... I used to be a Republican, but...". Kinda pompous and presumptuous if you ask me. He knows nothing about me other than I exercise at least one of my rights.

Enjoy your OCing in Littleton, it's nice. :D

AC

Suburban78

imported post

Thank you ACEllis for your input. I have eaten at MC's and it is great. Open carry still makes my wife more uncomfortable than anyone else. My father is Littleton PD for the last 13 years and said he only seen 3 people open carrying and never responded to a complaint about it. My wife wants me to CC once I can, I cant convince her that OC is prevention and not just show. I sure don't open carry for attention! Growing up with a LEO for a father and a armed guard for a mother and a avid shooting family, a gun on your hip is nothing more then a tool for self defense like OC (pepper spray) or a taser. One more reason we would all like to see more people OC and show what a responsible gun carrier is all about.

cscitney87

imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
I'm new to this site and to OC. Just looking to see if anyone has had trouble with Jeffco Sheriff or Littleton PD or any local businesses? I have submitted my application for my CC permit but will still OC to support 2nd amendment rights and to educate others. As a father of 5 daughters, I will push for them to also OC/CC and defend them selfs and their rights. Thank you for your time.
Hello and Welcome. Last year I lived in Conifer, next to the new Safeway, and never had an issue. Though I never ran into anyone else that was carrying openly, up there. A 10 minute drives takes you to Arapahoe National Forest trail with many waterfalls, down Brook Forest road, into Evergreen. Great place to OC on a good hike near Conifer.

Yooper

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Suburban78 wrote:
Hello and Welcome. Last year I lived in Conifer, next to the new Safeway, and never had an issue. Though I never ran into anyone else that was carrying openly, up there. A 10 minute drives takes you to Arapahoe National Forest trail with many waterfalls, down Brook Forest road, into Evergreen. Great place to OC on a good hike near Conifer.
I used to take walks in the Maxwell falls hiking area. OC'd when I did, but never really saw anybody else there....kind of a "If a tree falls in the woods" thing.