• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disabled Florida Man Shoots Attacker

jp49911

imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/1pPtbI5C4NY[/flash]

A wheelchair-bound Florida man became suspicious when two men asked for help jump-starting a car. The homeowner armed himself and politely declined to come out. The thugs then invaded his home and knocked him out of his wheelchair. The homeowner fired his weapon, killing one invader and sending the other fleeing.

Video from:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/wheelchair-bound-marion-county-man-shoots-home-invader-121887.html

Redwolf

imported post

1 more same MO

SACRAMENTO, Calif. --

IBSYS.application.Application.registerComponent('IBSYS.media.relatedClearsiteVid','N11A4C',{
jsonEndPoint:'/ec/content-service/json/getContent',skin_swf_url:'/sh/flex3MediaPlayer/skins/ibDefaultSkin.swf',swfUrl:'/sh/flex3MediaPlayer/debug/VideoPlayback.swf',width:'240',height:'220',usage:'story',bg_clr:'#F7F7F7',highlight_color:'#336699',minutes_between_ads:'0.5',wmode:'transparent',video_coid:'22072273'
});

An 81-year-old veteran pulled out a gun and turned the table on a pair of robbers, Sacramento police said.

Police said Howard "Buck" Buckner fell victim to a common ploy that robbers use in an attempt to get inside of a home.

The robbers faked an emergency, claiming their car had broken down and that they needed to use a phone.

But when Buckner turned to get a phone, the robbers attacked, police said.

"So he stepped inside, pulled out a gun and said, 'Turn off the light and back up. This is a robbery!'" Buckner said.

Buckner said the robbers paraded him through his Hollyhurst Way home at gunpoint in a search for his wallet.

"He kept saying he was going to pistol-whip me if I didn't find that wallet," Buckner said.

When Buckner could not find his wallet in the kitchen, they took him to his bedroom and left to continue searching the house.

Buckner picked his gun and sought to defend himself.

"I just reached in and grabbed my gun," Buckner said. "I hadn't fired it since 1960."

He wasn't sure if the gun would go off, but it didn't let him down.

"I pulled that trigger, and it worked," Buckner said.

He fired three shots from his bedroom, scaring off the robbers.

"They left," he said. "They left in a hurry."

The robbers got away with Buckner's laptop and a jacket that had his hearing aid in a pocket.

But for now, Buckner and his family are just relieved he is fine.

Buckner said he may go back living as he did while serving in Korea, a time when he slept with his gun.

Police said if someone comes to the door claiming an emergency, a resident should call 911 and not let anyone inside. They also urge any victim to comply with a robber's demands to avoid getting hurt.

ocgso

imported post

TheFreeman wrote:
Glad he is okay. Hopefully this sends a message to the thugs out there. People are fed up with it.

+1 to that.

The more stories that come out like this, the more criminals will consider their actions first. That is why I think OC is so important. The more people see everyday citizens are armed and the more guns are normalized in society, the more afraid criminals will be to just barge into a home.

ocgso

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Redwolf wrote:
They [police] also urge any victim to comply with a robber's demands to avoid getting hurt.
Baa, leading sheep to the slaughter. We couldn't possibly have criminals getting hurt!!!

I agree, +1

How many times have we heard of a robber shooting someone after he gets what he wants? Too many for me to be unprepared.