• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sherpa holsters

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well with the combination of some of you guys ragging on me at the ocasional OC event and the deep discopunts at Quantico Supply I finally bought one of those BlackHawk serpa retention things you guys keep telling me I should have for responsible open carry.

I am still a little at a loss as to what happened here. The "Old guy fat roll" retention system was good enough for dad and it was good enough for me till now. However lately the retention has been a little better than my strength at over coming it.:banghead:

In any case, Quantico Supply has 30% off on everything in the Woodbridge store. It seems they are moving and they need to clear as much as possible out the door. Even their normal LEO discount is only 10%. So the normal price for a CQC Serpa Active retention holster of about $49.00, is now about $35.00. At that price even I could not turn it down. What is really sad is that the holster is actually more comfortable than my leather rig.

Now of course I will have to go out back, IN THE COLD, and burn a few thousand rounds practicing getting the damn gun unlocked and out of the holster and putting two on target. :lol:

OH WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

Regards

Before you guys ask, I have no connection with the store at all. I am just a customer passing on info to help you guys out. Lots of gun stuff, and tactical cloths.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Isn't a Sherpa a sturdy, long-haired Asian guy that carries all your chit up a Tibetan mountain while you climb it with relative ease?

Yes and they are now 30% off if you act quick. They do eat a lot.:lol:

Give me a break. The spell checker can do you just as much harm as it does good. It thinks that "Serpa" should be "Sherpa". Who the "H" am I to argue with a spell checker.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Incidently, I got a SERPA for my Kimber when I got it. I got one for my daughter's Glock 21SF, too. Hers was only $20 at Bass Pro. I think they may have had them mislabled because whenI went back to get one for my Kimber they were $30 :banghead::cuss:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

GS100032.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I gave mine to Grapeshot, then had to buy him coffee so he wouldn't give it back:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I gave mine to Grapeshot, then had to buy him coffee so he wouldn't give it back:celebrate
Clarification Peter did not give me his Sherpa - I prefer a pack mule. :p

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
One little mistake ....:banghead:
Major at-a-boys are not canceled out by one minor ah-snit. :)

You have provided some with needed entertainment.

Enjoy your Serpa.

Yata hey