• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sherpa holsters

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Sherpa? :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-23_Sherpa

C-23.jpg

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!
1118.gif

raftgyde

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Those sherpas are great. They can stop bumbles from taking your gun!
Speakin' of bumbles, this is what I found on my dentist's office when I got there Monday morning for my checkup. Didn't know he wanted my guns. Thought he just wanted my wallet.....dentist beat him to it. :banghead:

[align=center]
12-14_abominable.jpg

[/align]

Dreamer

imported post

Hawkflyer,

Sounds like you got a great deal on that Serpa. I think you'll really like it--I know that I really like my Serpa gear...

I'll be up that way tomorrow (Friday), and might swing off I-95 to check them out if they have what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one of the drop-loop adapters for the Serpa, so I can wear it OC when I have a winter jacket on. All my cold-weather coats are JUST long enough to cover most of my holster when I wear the Serpa with the included paddle.

I thought their drop-loop would give the holster the extra few inches it needs to clear the bottom of my coat without having to do the "Virginia tuck"...

I'm going to call QTS tomorrow morning and see if they have any in stock. I'll ask them how long this sale is going to run...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Hawkflyer,

Sounds like you got a great deal on that Serpa. I think you'll really like it--I know that I really like my Serpa gear...

I'll be up that way tomorrow (Friday), and might swing off I-95 to check them out if they have what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one of the drop-loop adapters for the Serpa, so I can wear it OC when I have a winter jacket on. All my cold-weather coats are JUST long enough to cover most of my holster when I wear the Serpa with the included paddle.

I thought their drop-loop would give the holster the extra few inches it needs to clear the bottom of my coat without having to do the "Virginia tuck"...

I'm going to call CTS tomorrow morning and see if they have any in stock. I'll ask them how long this sale is going to run...

I think they had a lot of those in stock, but since that is not what I was looking for I cannot be certain that is what I saw. I know they had the low mount tacticle Leg platforms. There were also a lot of belt mounts and clip on mounts for the basic holsters. If you carry a glock they have a lot of stuff for those too.

So far I like this holster, but it does have a learning curve required to develop the required muscle memory for safe carry in defensive settings.

That of course requires SHOOTING SESSIONS!!:celebrate:monkey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
So far I like this holster, but it does have a learning curve required to develop the required muscle memory for safe carry in defensive settings.
100 draw/presentations per night for 30 nights w/cleared gun will make you Serpa Certified. :)

The trick is to not push the release, but rather to drag your extended finger over it.

Caution: You will forever be doomed to drawing with your finger out of the trigger guard....and the newly acquired muscle memory will then apply no matter what other holster you carry - is good thing.

Yata hey

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Just something about gun+leather that seems so much more natural than gun+plastic (ironic I feel that way, considering my gun is half plastic). I'll stick with my thumb-break leather for now...but my buddy likes his 'sherpa' plenty good and others on the interweb seem to love em, too.

Marco

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
CQC w/Serpa

it does have a learning curve required to develop the required muscle memory for safe carry in defensive settings.

That of course requires SHOOTING SESSIONS!!
Huh????:?

It requires one to practice(quality practice)their draw, shooting isn't required.
The shooting aspect just makes it fun.:lol:

darthmord

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
CQC w/Serpa

it does have a learning curve required to develop the required muscle memory for safe carry in defensive settings.

That of course requires SHOOTING SESSIONS!!
Huh????:?

It requires one to practice(quality practice)their draw, shooting isn't required.
The shooting aspect just makes it fun.:lol:
The best training one can undertake is the training that is fun AND educational. The more you enjoy it, the better the lessons will stick with you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

darthmord wrote:
The best training one can undertake is the training that is fun AND educational. The more you enjoy it, the better the lessons will stick with you.
There is truth in that without a doubt.

There is positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement. Not all learning experiences are fun. Think reward and punishment.

Did you ever lose your BB gun privilege when mom or dad locked it up for a while?
Learned very rapidly that I was responsible for knowing what was behind my target.
Learned how to replace and glaze glass too.

Yata hey

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
100 draw/presentations per night for 30 nights w/cleared gun will make you Serpa Certified. :)

The trick is to not push the release, but rather to drag your extended finger over it.

Caution:  You will forever be doomed to drawing with your finger out of the trigger guard....and the newly acquired muscle memory will then apply no matter what other holster you carry - is good thing.

Yata hey
I don't need serpa practice to keep my finger out of the trigger. I learned that 50 years ago. It is the lock that needs practice. ANd I would not need that if it wasn't for all you youngsters nagging me about the risks of someone grabbing the weapon when I open carry. It was not an issue for a lot of years, now suddenly everyone is worried someone will grab the gun. Well you have convinced me, but don't expect me to be happy about losing the smell of oiled leather in exchange for the smell of petrol-chemicals. ALSO THE THING IS A LOT LOUDER THAN LEATHER.

However the entire holster is different than any of my leather rigs in almost every respect. So ... Since I can shoot in my back yard ... And I need draw practice ... Well it just seems that I am almost FORCED to go shooting. :banghead:

You can't imaging how bad I feel for those of you that have to pay range fees and plan for long trips to shoot at places that frown on live fire draw practice.
Na_Na_Na_Na.gif
006-%5BLaughing%5D-%5BEmoticonKing.com%5D.gif

HA ha haa haaa

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Every gol durned wiper-snapper with a pile of dirt thinks he is :dude: a king.

It 'tis a princely thing to have though, I must admit.

I must impose upon the few friends I have. :?

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Amazing the mileage we get from a simple spelling error... :celebrate

Being retired, some of us just wait patiently for such errors or omissions and then get as many miles out of them as we can (at someone else's expense of course!)

:lol:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Amazing the mileage we get from a simple spelling error...  :celebrate

Being retired, some of us just wait patiently for such errors or omissions and then get as many miles out of them as we can (at someone else's expense of course!)

Yea, and I don't make change.

I think humor is more important sometimes than letting things get too serious. There is enough misery to go around, but a good laugh is hard to come by.

Carry on.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Amazing the mileage we get from a simple spelling error... :celebrate

Yea, and I don't make change.

I think humor is more important sometimes than letting things get too serious. There is enough misery to go around, but a good laugh is hard to come by.

Seriously. :lol:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

I agree (that's frightening)

gslov.jpg