• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seen the sexy new Kel-Tec?

The Wolfhound

imported post

Prices are appearing finally, so we should see actual product soon. MSRP looks like $415.00 with a lowball price published at $299.00 (CDNN). I definitely want to wrap my hand around one. Very seriously considering one.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
First thing that strikes me is the similarity to the FN FiveseveN ... except that the price is much more in line with reality :)
Not really like a 5-7 at all. The pistol length barrel of the PMR30, with 22WMR will have velocity on-par with a .22LR out of a rifle barrel. Still WAY short of 5-7 speeds. The 5-7 also has a much flatter trajectory due to a significantly lower drag coefficient.

Don't get me wrong. When I first learned of the PMR I fell in love and want one. I'm not knocking it just keeping it real.
I'll try to find the picture, because there is this awesome picture of the PMR30 in its case, with a fully loaded mag and 200 rounds of ammo in those plastic cases they come in(the case is big enough to fit 4 50 round boxes AND the pistol) and that is less than 100 OZ.

Well @#$%, my bad, thats 200 rounds plus TWO fully loaded mags, AND a @#$%ing laser/flashlight for a total of 72oz
lightweight_PMR30_1560.jpg

Just creamed myself

Oh yea, its also Kel-Tec's first ALUMINUM framed pistol, thats right its not plastic. And it's single action only. Elite.

ecocks

imported post

I saw the PMR-30 on Bud's for $287 but then you still need to do a transfer fee and it was also showing out-of-stock.

More and more I am thinking of picking up one of these for my Dad.

Mordis

imported post

I like the looks of it but, given that the 5.7 barely penetrates to 11" and is a much faster bullet then the 22mag. The 22mag will have even poorer performance. Id be surprised if it penetrates to 8" in gel. Sure i know it will be fun for around farm fun and plinking and hunting, but if i want a light/fast 22 for SD/HD the only one that comes close to being adaquate is the 5.7.

ecocks

imported post

To each their own. I'm looking for a light recoil, SDweapon and this one seems the best bet so far.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sweet. Can has, seriously. This is totally right up my alley. I have a soft spot for .22 WMR. And the price is right.

+1

I'm going to have to convince my family in Virginia to buy one so I can play with it when I'm in-state. :)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Wolfhound wrote:
Oh yeah, that would be an "Assault Weapon" in Commifornia.  Man, how do you stand it?
Well, for starters, I own guns out of state. :p

Secondly, I don't plan to live here forever. So, I survive. Barely. :lol: