Thread: Coming to Branson/Springfield soon.

Post imported post

Hello all! I am coming from Monroe, La to Branson and Springfield right after Christmas. I have read several topics but still have some questions. I have a CCP from Louisana and I carry a Ruger LCP and a Glock 19 with a IWB Crossbreed Supertuck Holster. I usually carry my G19 tucked in between the seat and console when traveling with the LCP in my pocket. I plan on going to Silver Dollar City while in Branson and maybe a couple of shows. I usually CC here and was wondering if there would be a problem like with a metal detector at Silver Dollar City with the G19 or LCP. I don't think shopping will be a problem there or in Springfield while at Bass Pro. Can anyone tell me of any potential problems I might have? I plan on CC. Thanks alot and Merry Christmas to all!

Post imported post

I was at Silver Dollar City this summer, and they didn't have any detectors at the time. They are trying to look as old fashioned as possible, and a big group of detectors would kill that image. I'm not sure the parks policy on carrying, but what they don't know.... I hope you enjoy your trip to branson

Post imported post

Thanks for the reply. I will be looking at their website this afternoon to see what the rules are and if that is even mentioned.

Post imported post

Currently, state law prohibits concealed carry inside the gated area of an amusement park. If discovered, you will be asked to leave and if you refuse...additional things will occur.

Post imported post

That's what I thought. I just got in and will be looking around more, but I think that is pretty much the norm anywhere.

Post imported post

I googled Silver Dollar City and stumbled upon something from 2005. I then googled prop. B and Peter Herschend who is 1/2 owner of Silver Dollar City. It seems that there was a push to allow the carry of a gun into the parks and other areas in Missouri. Anyway he did not like the way it was worded and was against the bill. Even with the help of the NRA and a woman from Texaswhose parents where killed in a restaurant and she had left her gunin her car,prop B was defeated. Therefore no guns in Silver Dollar City. You can go look at this and read the full article if you like.

Post imported post

The Herschend Family is very anti-gun just do some research on where the political donations they make end up!

Post imported post

isn't the point of concealing so that no one else can tell? if no one else can tell then ya. lol. guess that's why they call it concealed?

Post imported post

josh_scci wrote:
    The Herschend Family is very anti-gun just do some research on where the political donations they make end up!
    Now that I know that I will not go to Silver Doller City ever!

Even if I do CC there I will not give them my $ to take away my 2A, God given rights.
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

We went to Branson and Silver Dollar City on the 31st and had no problems. I did not CC but could have because I did not see a sign saying not to nor did we go through a metal detector. I CC every where else I went with no problems even in Springfield around Bass Pro. I went to Kelly's Police and Tactical just down the street from Bass Pro and they said not many people OC because they don't want a hassel from anyone. It was so cold that it was easy to CC because of the clothes we wore. Overall a good trip.