Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Washington State Governor to ask Washington LEA's for any changes to state constitution or laws....

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,415

    Post imported post

    I guess now is as good a time as any to say, "Hello there!".



    My name is Jason, and I am a combat veteran of OIF I that fled the state of California to get away from all the horrendous liberal movements in that state that are the direct cause of it's enormous deficit and ambiguous legal system problems. I now reside with my fiancee, and our beautiful little 11mo old baby girl in Lakewood.



    I do not open carry (yet) as my interest revolves around AR platform rifles. I recently purchased a DPMS (Panther Arms) Bull Twenty from a local gun dealer, andtopped it with an EoTech holo site, and a Harris Bi-Pod with a Hogue grip in place of the hard factory plastic piece. It also has ProMag front and rear sights, and is chambered in .223



    Now that I have said hello, let me fill you in on the news I specified in the subject field.



    Earlier tonight while sitting in the parking lot of Babies'R'Us, waiting for the Mrs. to return with formula and other baby related things, I heard on the radio (91fm, Clover Park Station) that the Governor of this state was asking Washington state Law Enforcement Agencies to convene with him and discuss what alterations need to be made to state law, or "the state constitution".



    I know it does not take an inordinate amount of braincells to process the implied meaning behind such a statement, but I am wondering if any of you have any insight into this, and what to me seems like another obvious attempt to punish law abiding citizens for the actions of a felon who was never supposed to be in possession of a firearm in the first place.



    Your thoughts?



    Edit: Here is a link to the commentary -

    http://news.opb.org/article/6400-gov...emmons-review/

    I guess I'm concerned that the "changes to the Consitution" of this state, may be a open door invitiation for some ridiculous policy. Maybe Iam slightly worried this state may go down the road of CaliCommunism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Welcome to OCDO!



    The governor is a "she."
    I could see how you would be paranoid after watching Cali fall.

  3. #3
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866

    Post imported post

    I have a friend of mine who is one of the invited. The preliminary topics released (thus far) have nothing to do with changing state law or the constitution.

    The topics that will be discussed and addressed (that I was told, 3rd party);
    Mainly - Re-cap of the last few months with the 3 major shootings

    Habits and Tactics - what LE can do to still be comfortable in a social situation, yet still be on guard

    What additional training / tools are needed to further ensure the safety of officers

    What the Governor can do to assist LE.

    Pretty much it's beleived to be a big ol' PR move. A move to show that Gargoyle cares, and is "in touch" with what's happening in the her own state. Promises will be made, asses will be kissed and most people will leave there happy they got an expensive catered luncheon, yet an empty feeling inside knowing nothing will happen.

    PS - More than 6 letters have gone out..
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,415

    Post imported post

    kito109654 wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO!



    The governor is a "she."
    I could see how you would be paranoid after watching Cali fall.


    You have no idea how true your statement is. I was born, raised, and joined the military in California. I toured the world, then came back, and found that after all the culture, and knowledge I had absorbed through my travels, thatI could not stomach the idiocy going on in that state anymore.



    Thanks for the greet!



    massivedesign wrote:
    I have a friend of mine who is one of the invited. The preliminary topics released (thus far) have nothing to do with changing state law or the constitution.

    The topics that will be discussed and addressed (that I was told, 3rd party);
    Mainly - Re-cap of the last few months with the 3 major shootings

    Habits and Tactics - what LE can do to still be comfortable in a social situation, yet still be on guard

    What additional training / tools are needed to further ensure the safety of officers

    What the Governor can do to assist LE.

    Pretty much it's beleived to be a big ol' PR move. A move to show that Gargoyle cares, and is "in touch" with what's happening in the her own state. Promises will be made, asses will be kissed and most people will leave there happy they got an expensive catered luncheon, yet an empty feeling inside knowing nothing will happen.

    PS - More than 6 letters have gone out..


    Interesting. Ok, I will wipe the sweat off of my brow.

    Realistically, while I feel much sympathy for the families of those that have fallen, and truly wish them the best in everything they do, I have to state that I feel that what had occurred was such a oddity situationally, that all the training in the world cannot account for 100% of all situations. Unfortunately, when you sign on in a Law Enforcement capacity, you stand a very real risk of finding yourself in pretty bad situations. As a combat vet, this kind of thing is typically avoided by the very simple fact that you are 100% on-guard, 100% of the time.



    A LEO finds their role on friendlier territory than most soldiers, and with that being said, can do things such as sit, and take a break with some colleagues over a hot cup of joe. This can lead to situations not unlike what happened to these poor unfortunate officers.



    All the training in situational and observational awareness in the world can go down the proverbial toilet when you relax. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I could enjoy a proper pot of coffee without being able to relax.

    What am I trying to say? I guess, in a nutshell, I am saying that the Officers fell while on duty, in a capacity that while odd, is in line with the nature of their role as peace officers. I have no doubt this isn't going to add to their families ability to sleep at night, BUT, it goes with the territory.

    Thanks for the responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

  5. #5
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Welcome slowfiveoh, I'm also interested in the AR platform, as are many here. I have a CMMG 14.5 bbl rifle in desperate need of an Aimpoint...

    Hopefully you will find Washington State a little more hospitibal than the CA.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    One potential change they are looking at to the state constitution is deals with third strike charges against felons. Right now by constitution the state is required to allow a person, unless they pose a severe hazard or flight risk, to have a bail set. She wants to change it so that no bail is set for felons that have been charged with a third strike crime. Had this been the case with Clemmons he would not have had a bail set and would not have been out of jail.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    390

    Post imported post

    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Welcome slowfiveoh, I'm also interested in the AR platform, as are many here. I have a CMMG 14.5 bbl rifle in desperate need of an Aimpoint...

    Hopefully you will find Washington State a little more hospitibal than the CA.
    Your rifle has a 14.5'' barrel? I wouldn't go talking about that online.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    Well the governor may not but some do! Please notify your state reps and senators now!

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...gunban17m.html

    State lawmakers to seek ban on sales of semi-automatic weapons
    In response to recent shooting deaths, three state lawmakers say they want to ban the sale of military-style semi-automatic weapons in Washington.
    Live Free or Die!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    HELL no! What part of "shall not be infringed" do people not understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA, ,
    Posts
    886

    Post imported post

    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Welcome slowfiveoh, I'm also interested in the AR platform, as are many here. I have a CMMG 14.5 bbl rifle in desperate need of an Aimpoint...

    Hopefully you will find Washington State a little more hospitibal than the CA.
    Your rifle has a 14.5'' barrel? I wouldn't go talking about that online.
    A 14.5" barrel with a 1.5" permanently-attached flash hider to make it a 16" overall barrel is completely legal.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    390

    Post imported post

    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Welcome slowfiveoh, I'm also interested in the AR platform, as are many here. I have a CMMG 14.5 bbl rifle in desperate need of an Aimpoint...

    Hopefully you will find Washington State a little more hospitibal than the CA.
    Your rifle has a 14.5'' barrel? I wouldn't go talking about that online.
    A 14.5" barrel with a 1.5" permanently-attached flash hider to make it a 16" overall barrel is completely legal.
    This is true.

  12. #12
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Welcome slowfiveoh, I'm also interested in the AR platform, as are many here. I have a CMMG 14.5 bbl rifle in desperate need of an Aimpoint...

    Hopefully you will find Washington State a little more hospitibal than the CA.
    Your rifle has a 14.5'' barrel? I wouldn't go talking about that online.
    A 14.5" barrel with a 1.5" permanently-attached flash hider to make it a 16" overall barrel is completely legal.
    This is true.
    I have one. Love it. Bushy M4A3 with an EOTech 511.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  13. #13
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Welcome slowfiveoh, I'm also interested in the AR platform, as are many here. I have a CMMG 14.5 bbl rifle in desperate need of an Aimpoint...

    Hopefully you will find Washington State a little more hospitibal than the CA.
    Your rifle has a 14.5'' barrel? I wouldn't go talking about that online.
    Why not??? You obviously need to be educated on the legality of barrel lengths. The AR barrel is 14.5 inches with a 1.5 inch long flash suppressor that is permanently attached to the end by pinning and welding it there... making it a total of 16 inches. LEGAL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, USA
    Posts
    584

    Post imported post

    Wait so how can someone remove the flash suppressor if it's welded, a.k.a. how can I remove my front sight post

    I think the only way police can feel safe is if they no that no citizen is armed especially with cop killer bullets and high capacity (normal capacity) magazines.


    And Welcome to the forum slowfiveoh hope you enjoy your DPMS as much as I do mine.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897

    Post imported post

    kito109654 wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO!



    The governor is a "she."
    I can see how this could be confusing. :celebrate

  16. #16
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    :snip snip:
    slowfiveoh wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:
    I could see how you would be paranoid after watching Cali fall.

    You have no idea how true your statement is. I was born, raised, and joined the military in California. I toured the world, then came back, and found that after all the culture, and knowledge I had absorbed through my travels, thatI could not stomach the idiocy going on in that state anymore.

    massivedesign wrote:
    What additional training / tools are needed to further ensure the safety of officers
    Realistically, while I feel much sympathy for the families of those that have fallen, and truly wish them the best in everything they do, I have to state that I feel that what had occurred was such a oddity situationally, that all the training in the world cannot account for 100% of all situations. Unfortunately, when you sign on in a Law Enforcement capacity, you stand a very real risk of finding yourself in pretty bad situations. As a combat vet, this kind of thing is typically avoided by the very simple fact that you are 100% on-guard, 100% of the time.

    What am I trying to say? I guess, in a nutshell, I am saying that the Officers fell while on duty, in a capacity that while odd, is in line with the nature of their role as peace officers.
    This is just the kind of awareness that brought me to two major decisions:

    1. Leave Texas and move here.
    While coming home from my service in the war and beyond was very nice, I could not come to terms with living in a state that has traded it's citizens freedoms for political comforts.

    2. Drop the notion of becoming LE
    Through voluntary and mandatory classes I have taken involving LETraining, I did not see myself taking a job that provides you with a partner (most of the time), radio for backup, handgun, extra clips, bat ton, rifle or shotgun, bullet resistant vest, handcuffs, and other tools for the job. Seems a little dangerous to me.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,415

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the greetings, all of you.



    Sorry about not knowing who the political figureheads are in this state yet. Regarding the comment about moving from Texas, I agree. The two years I spent there were great fun, as I regularly frequented Temple-Academy dragstrip pretty much every weekend. However, one thing was really apparent in Texas, that kind of left me at a loss for words. If I could sum up Texan love, it would be the following:



    #1. Don't talk smack about the state, or the Alamo.

    #2. Texans love their women.

    #3. Texans love their beer.

    #4. Football is a religion, and demands fanatical fellowship, to reach the holy end zone.

    #5 Texans love their hot-rods.

    #6. Texans love their firearms.



    Now, with #6 being said, what the hell happened to you guys? Half expecting, and really wanting to see a state where most people presume you guys were armed all the time, slingin your modern day equivelent of peacemakers on your hips 24/7, I have to say i was in for quite a bit of surprise. I just don't understand how such a proud state, with so much love for it's roots, could let such an important part of Texan tradition slip on through the political cracks...



    Oh well, that's a bit off topic, but I felt it had to be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

  18. #18
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    slowfiveoh wrote:
    Thanks for the greetings, all of you.



    Sorry about not knowing who the political figureheads are in this state yet. Regarding the comment about moving from Texas, I agree. The two years I spent there were great fun, as I regularly frequented Temple-Academy dragstrip pretty much every weekend. However, one thing was really apparent in Texas, that kind of left me at a loss for words. If I could sum up Texan love, it would be the following:



    #1. Don't talk smack about the state, or the Alamo.

    #2. Texans love their women.

    #3. Texans love their beer.

    #4. Football is a religion, and demands fanatical fellowship, to reach the holy end zone.

    #5 Texans love their hot-rods.

    #6. Texans love their firearms.



    Now, with #6 being said, what the hell happened to you guys? Half expecting, and really wanting to see a state where most people presume you guys were armed all the time, slingin your modern day equivelent of peacemakers on your hips 24/7, I have to say i was in for quite a bit of surprise. I just don't understand how such a proud state, with so much love for it's roots, could let such an important part of Texan tradition slip on through the political cracks...



    Oh well, that's a bit off topic, but I felt it had to be said.
    Oh heck... forgot to say, "welcome to the forum" in my post. I know... Texas really does seem to be getting to big for it britches. :P very proud, but fairly messed up in a lot of aspects

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •