• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EAST BAY MEET UP :-) Livermore... Soon

Livermoron

imported post

:cool: Hi OCDO folks !

I would like to hold a UOC meet up in Livermore, CA soon. I am posting this thread to get a level of interest of folks to participate. I have been in contact with a couple of you gentlemen about this.

There is a popular coffee spot in downtown Livermore (Panama Red Coffee) at 2115 First Street. Great outdoor and indoor seating areas (and GREAT coffee). This location has the highest foot traffic in downtown on a typical day in Livermore. It is in the center of downtown and would certainly be a spot for HIGH exposure to UOC.

I have vetted this location to comply with the local victim disarmament zones (AKA "School Zones") in the area. The nearest 'zone' is well over 1100 feet away as long as we don't stray too far south of the coffee shop.

Any takers? Let's try to do this in the next two weeks or so. Possibly on either December 26th Saturday, or 27th Sunday? If not on one of those dates, then the following weekend of January 2nd & 3rd could work.

I would also be available just about any evening during the week as well. I think Panama Red is open until at least 8pm every night.

As you post or PM me I'll try to keep track and then make another thread with a real date/time to meet up. This will be my first UOC event so bear with me on the learning curve.

Thanks Group!

Livermoron

:celebrate

Rusty

imported post

That seems dangerously close to Del Valle Continuation High.

If you park in the parking lot there, and UOC, you will be in violation of 626.9

There is a Starbucks down the street @ 1472 1st St, Livermore Ca that appears to be well clear of any school zone.

Freedom_Is_Popular

imported post

I'm with you on this one! I've been in contact with the Livermore Police Chief, and he is fully aware of our intent to comply with the law. I'm hoping this will help to prevent any negative contact with law enforcement during our meeting.

I'm in the process of making a Livermore map with red zones and green zones, so we can get an idea of the best possible place to meet up and the legal routes to use for travel.

I wouldestimate that the Panama Red Coffee Company [2115 1st St. Livermore] is outside of 1000 feet, but it is close. Turns out that the school that is the closest to Panama Red Coffee Company is Sonrise Christian Academy [164 North L St. Livermore] which is K-12 and has only 22-students' enrolled. I've lived in Livermore for years now and I never even knew it was there.

I'll report back soon.

Freedom_Is_Popular

imported post

Rusty,

If we were to meet at Panama Red Coffee, we would be closer to Sonrise Christian Academy than we would be to Del Valle High School.

I know the Starbucks that you're talking about. Let me take a look and I'll get back to you.

That area is not a high traffic area like over by Panama Red Coffee, but might be more in the green zone, which is comforting.

Freedom_Is_Popular

imported post

I just went down to the Sonrise Christian Academy to check things out. Turns out that students do not attend classes there. Sonrise Christian Academy only receives their mail there, as do several other organizations.

This is good news because Panama Red Coffee Company is in the clear now for sure and does not fall inside of 1000 feet of any K-12 school.

Working on the map now!

mjones

imported post

Freedom_Is_Popular wrote:
Working on the map now!
Please do not post a GFSZ map on the open forum. I wouldn't want it used as 'proof' 5 years from now that I should have reasonably know that it exists.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mjones wrote:
Working on the map now!

Please do not post a GFSZ map on the open forum. I wouldn't want it used as 'proof' 5 years from now that I should have reasonably know that it exists.

Please do not discuss Victim Disarmament Zone on an open public forum until PC 626 is abolished.

If you believe a meeting place is in a school zone PM the organizer.
Organizer, If you agree that your original location is tainted, return to post and announce new location and give no indication that the reason for change is a Victim Disarmament Zone.

Prosecutors have the burden to prove I knew or should have known about the school.

You may have lived in town for years and not known about a kindergarden tucked inside a sub-divisions. It is even more likely that as a visitor to your town I wouldn't know of a schools location. Please don't give them rope to hang me with :)

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

bad_ace wrote:
mjones wrote:
Working on the map now!

Please do not discuss Victim Disarmament Zone on an open public forum until PC 626 is abolished.

If you believe a meeting place is in a school zone PM the organizer.
Organizer, If you agree that your original location is tainted, return to post and announce new location and give no indication that the reason for change is a Victim Disarmament Zone.

Prosecutors have the burden to prove I knew or should have known about the school.
Not anymore. See Theseus's case. All exemptions, all defenses to 626.9 are effectively null and void. Carry a gun in any manner whatsoever and prepare to be persecuted.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

It's been said numerous times before, but do not carry a map of school zones on your person. Don't even print one. Don't even save one to your computer. You don't want to give a prosecutor evidence that you knew of a school zone, or you should have known about one. If you make a mistake and you end up in a school zone, and you have a map that shows that you knew you were in a school zone, your chances of defending yourself just went down the drain.

Poblacht32

imported post

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but what if you're driving by a school zone after hours in the evening say and you're open carrying in your vehicle? Would it still be against the law?

onedavetoomany

imported post

The law makes no exemption for "after hours" carrying. It would still be against the law

Poblacht32 wrote:
I know this might sound like a stupid question, but what if you're driving by a school zone after hours in the evening say and you're open carrying in your vehicle? Would it still be against the law?

Livermoron

imported post

Hi Group,

All posts have been read and taken into consideration (thanks for all the input).

This location (Panama Red Coffee) is still the location of choice. Parking along 1st street close to the coffee shop and points North are suggested for obvious reasons. Please do your own related research :)

More to come soon as to a date/time. :D

If you plan to come please bring printed material that is friendly & educational on UOC in CA, and dress for possible cool weather taking into account your holster if you will be UOC'ing.

Best Regards To All,

Livermoron

RaycerX96

imported post

I would be up for it. But i think the Starbucks would be better. Panama is kind a of a teen hang out now. I just UOC'd at Strizzies the other night. No one said anything except my sister who gave me some grief.

brad9point0

imported post

Im totally up for it! I was semi active in this forum and for some reason i fell out but I am totally up for it! any east bay location, other then sundays im 100% in =)

Livermoron

imported post

No Starbucks? Wasn't planning on it for this meet up, but just curious why not?

PLEASE NOTE: I think we are going to aim for Next Saturday 1-2-10 for this East Bay meet up at Panama Red in Livermore.

Please make plans to be out here in Livermore rain or shine on that day... I am thinking of 11am-1pm time frame. Hopefully this will work for most of you.

ALSO - I may go for a quick UOC this Sunday morning at the Panama Red - anyone want to go? Please PM me before 10pm tomorrow if interested.

Livermoron

ALL - Please note there is a follow up thread I just created:
EAST BAY MEET UP :) Livermore PLANNING FOR 1-2-10 - Saturday

pullnshoot25

imported post

Livermoron wrote:
No Starbucks? Wasn't planning on it for this meet up, but just curious why not?

PLEASE NOTE: I think we are going to aim for Next Saturday 1-2-10 for this East Bay meet up at Panama Red in Livermore.

Please make plans to be out here in Livermore rain or shine on that day... I am thinking of 11am-1pm time frame. Hopefully this will work for most of you.

ALSO - I may go for a quick UOC this Sunday morning at the Panama Red - anyone want to go? Please PM me before 10pm tomorrow if interested.

Livermoron

ALL - Please note there is a follow up thread I just created:
EAST BAY MEET UP :) Livermore PLANNING FOR 1-2-10 - Saturday

Because the last few OC meetups have been there and is annoying to me. If it is annoying to me, then it must be annoying to corporate and the general public.

Maybe it is self-centered, but hey, you are taking a step in the right direction :)