• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns for LESS The San Diego turn in on Monday

Mike Hawk

imported post

Yeah, WTF is up with doing this on a Monday? I mean wouldn't they get a better turnout on a weekend? Oh well.

Good on ya' Ed and Chewy, give 'em hell in San Diego! I sure hope you guys post the vid on here if possible. I'd love to go on this one too, but 260 miles R/T and a workday are just too dang much @ the moment.

chewy352

imported post

I wont be carrying at this event so that I dont mix the issues. I'm just going there to inform people that they are about to get ripped off. I will however be bringing my OC cards incase the topic comes up.

Mike Hawk

imported post

What about the fact that the cops are encouraging people to bring guns into a GFSZ. I didn't see anything in that article about 626.9 or locked cases. Nor did I see anything in 626.9 about , "if the cops say it's O.K...."

darthmord

imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
What about the fact that the cops are encouraging people to bring guns into a GFSZ. I didn't see anything in that article about 626.9 or locked cases. Nor did I see anything in 626.9 about , "if the cops say it's O.K...."
I'd make a big stink about the fact that officials and anon-government group are actively encouraging citizens to violate federal law. In fact, I'd demand that law enforcement arrest those people involved. I would think entrapment would be an appropriate charge.

chewy352

imported post

LOL I didn't even think about that. I'll be sure to let people know that they are committing a crime just to educate them on how stupid CA gun laws are.

yelohamr

imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
They come close, but it isn't locked up.

GUNS FOR GIFT CARDS
What
: Turn in unwanted guns for grocery gift cards

When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday

Where: United African-American Ministerial Action Council, 4981 Market St, San Diego

How: Arrive via Euclid Avenue and
wait in your car with the unloaded gun until an officer can collect it.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Chewy,

Please send me a copy of the edited handout when you get a chance and I will get them printed. Send them to me at UOC[/u][/b] or get involved with GFSZ issues ifI go to this event.

I will be their exclusively to inform people of the possibility that they are getting ripped off by turning in their firearms for $50.00 or $100.00.

I don't want to confuse the issue or have people believe I am there for some self serving reason.

I will be there as a concerned resident who believes that the sponsors of this event and members of San Diego law enforcement will not offer the basic information for individuals to makeinformed decisions which MAY cause them to relinquish their firearms at a substantial financial loss.

I believe that every participant in this event should be properly informed regarding the various options available to divest themselves and/ortheir household of unwanted firearms.

If after being informed, the participants choose to surrender their weapons for the amounts offered, I will respect their right to do so.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Chewy,

I've edited and converted the hand out for Monday, I'll take it to a printer and make copies. I'll be in touch.

Here is the document.

mjones

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
Chewy,

I've edited and converted the hand out for Monday, I'll take it to a printer and make copies. I'll be in touch.

Here is the document.
Outstanding Ed!!!!!!!

coolusername2007

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
LOL I didn't even think about that. I'll be sure to let people know that they are committing a crime just to educate them on how stupid CA gun laws are.

Call the mayor and sheriff and media...have this event shut down!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a felony to bring a gun into a GFSZ!

Ranchero

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Ranchero wrote:
WHAT? :what:You get $50 bucks for your gun? It makes no sense to turn in a gun to stop crime. This event will not stop crime. What happens if a person shows up with a few machineguns or assult weapons? Will he/she get arrested in the spot? or will they just give the $100 bucks each?
yes it is quite mind boggling the way they think. I mean if I were the police and I wanted to "stop crime" or at least somewhat appear I am trying to stop crime I would only accept ..

Illegal guns
unregistered guns
stolen guns (presumably found by joe blow)

I would direct all other gun trades to a local gun show or gun trader online community or at least give fair market value. Trying to stop crime by taking law abiding citizens guns is only inferring society does not know how or need to protect themselves.

If cops unarm law abiding citizens, their job is needed more which equals more money for their department. That's all this sheriff wants.

edit: oh and by the way you can show up with machine guns and they will accept, they don't check your id or anything. At least they got this part right.

Our government is doing the opposite. Watch video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nf1OgV449g

chewy352

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
chewy352 wrote:

That would work if our sheriff wasn't bill gore!! We all know the law doesn't apply to him!!

Decoligny

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
chewy352 wrote:

It worked to shut down several Gun Buybacks in LA County. They had several drop off points near schools, and one actually in the parking lot of a school.

When it was pointed out, they changed locations and cancelled those they could not relocate.

This particular gun buyback is approx 600 feet from Horton Elementary School property (GoogleMaps).

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Would make for an interesting case if an open carry activist was charged under 626.9 when the cops caused countless dozens of people violate the same law at the same event.

I wonder if someone should let the FBI know the cops are conspiring to cause people to violate the GFSZ.

Gundude

imported post

I read 626.9 and didn't see an exemption for a cash for guns event. San Diego PD is guilty of conspiricy to violate 626.9. Everyone who brought a gun is also guilty. Someone should be there to do a citizens arrest on someone.Let them sort that out in court. Book'em Dano.

coolusername2007

imported post

I sent another email to Kristina Davis informing her of the location and 626.9 violation. I suggest everyone else to the same. I will be contacting others today.

ETA: Obviously with it being a weekend, finding someone to tell about this is difficult.
ETA2: Contacted the Fox6 newstip line and let them know. They thought it was very interesting.

ETA3: Talked to the SDPD Sgt in charge. I left a message in which he called me back, then he called me back again a little later. To make two somewhat lengthy conversations short...1. they know they are within a GFSZ, and 2. he feels the private property exemption applies to this event as it will be heldin the parking lot ofa private property churchand 3. they will exercise their discretion in applicaton of the law. Of which he will exercise similar discretion to any open carriers protesting the event. Though I do not recommendprotesting this event while actualy UOC'ing as this would be an excellent opportunity to be unfairly prosecuted and persecuted.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
I sent another email to Kristina Davis informing her of the location and 626.9 violation. I suggest everyone else to the same. I will be contacting others today.

ETA: Obviously with it being a weekend, finding someone to tell about this is difficult.
ETA2: Contacted the Fox6 newstip line and let them know. They thought it was very interesting.

ETA3: Talked to the SDPD Sgt in charge. I left a message in which he called me back, then he called me back again a little later. To make two somewhat lengthy conversations short...1. they know they are within a GFSZ, and 2. he feels the private property exemption applies to this event as it will be heldin the parking lot ofa private property churchand 3. they will exercise their discretion in applicaton of the law. Of which he will exercise similar discretion to any open carriers protesting the event. Though I do not recommendprotesting this event while actualy UOC'ing as this would be an excellent opportunity to be unfairly prosecuted and persecuted.
...but then they would be prosecuted too?:celebrateCan't have their cake and eat it too.