• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kline, Kohl-Welles want your guns!

Dave Workman

imported post

Washington anti-gun lawmakers announce plans to ban "assault weapons"

I predicted this earlier, and the "usual suspects" are involved. They want to ban AR-type rifles, AK-type rifles and any other semi-auto that they don't like, facts be damned

Column offers links to the three key sponsors, and to Washington Legislature

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d17-Antigun-WA-lawmakers-launch-new-assault-on-weapons-press-doesnt-help

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yd6mez8

Links to this thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/35369.html

44Brent

imported post

The purpose of gun ownership by private citizens is to create a barrier against genocide, by preventing governments from having a monopoly on the use of violence. All other arguments are red herrings designed to mask the true agenda of proponents of total government control. Both sides in the "gun control" debates conveniently avoid discussing this.

Adam Kline, Jeanne Kohl-Welles, and Ross Hunter want government to have a monopoly on the use and initiation of violence against citizens so that they canimplement a totalitarian agenda.

This is what it comes down to: they want you completely enslaved, and if you refuse to submit, they want you dead.

joeroket

imported post

44Brent wrote:
The purpose of gun ownership by private citizens is to create a barrier against genocide, by preventing governments from having a monopoly on the use of violence.  All other arguments are red herrings designed to mask the true agenda of proponents of total government control.  Both sides in the "gun control" debates conveniently avoid discussing this.

Adam Kline, Jeanne Kohl-Welles, and Ross Hunter want government to have a monopoly on the use and initiation of violence against citizens so that they can implement a totalitarian agenda.

This is what it comes down to:  they want you completely enslaved, and if you refuse to submit, they want you dead. 

Yea. I am sure that is the plan. After all dead people pay taxes too....Oh wait...no they don't.

joeroket

imported post

44Brent wrote:
Yea. I am sure that is the plan. After all dead people pay taxes too....Oh wait...no they don't.

Tens of millions of people are dead from Genocide following the initiation of gun control laws in the last hundred years.  http://davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/lethal.htm  These victims of of genocide no longer pay taxes.

Thanks for asking

Exactly what the hell did I ask. Thanks for proving two of my points though.

joeroket

imported post

amlevin wrote:
joeroket wrote:
 After all dead people pay taxes too....Oh wait...no they don't.
Well, you were almost right at first.  They just vote---In Chicago and Seattle, maybe more too.

LOL. But they don't contribute monetarily to the system that, evidently, put them to death.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

joeroket wrote

Pay taxes? You mean pay them with paper? Paper that they print? With a value that THEY put to it? Technically speaking the value of a $1 bill is the same as a $100 bill, Same amount of paper.

If they printed up trillions of dollars and bought up every item that we have available, we wouldn't notice till its too late. Then the economy would be screwed and they paid nothing for everything.

joeroket

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
joeroket wrote

Pay taxes? You mean pay them with paper? Paper that they print? With a value that THEY put to it?  Technically speaking the value of a $1 bill is the same as a $100 bill, Same amount of paper.

If they printed up trillions of dollars and bought up every item that we have available, we wouldn't notice till its too late. Then the economy would be screwed and they paid nothing for everything.

I think you missed the point.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I am sure out Washington State legislature isn't planning anytime soon to committ genocide against anybody. As Workman stated, that it should be no surprise that the politicians in this state was going to do something in a knee-jerk response to the shootings recently.

Things will settle down, I am sure of it, and the Washington State Constitution will thwart their attempts at stopping law-abiding citizens from purchasing anything, but a hunting rifle.

When I voted for Seattle mayor, not one of them was clear about their stance on the 2nd Amendment, and the WA. State Constitution regarding firearms, so I voted for neither.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

joeroket wrote:
joeroket wrote

Pay taxes? You mean pay them with paper? Paper that they print? With a value that THEY put to it? Technically speaking the value of a $1 bill is the same as a $100 bill, Same amount of paper.

If you need to point it out.. Then I did miss the point. lol.

joeroket

imported post

joeroket wrote:
joeroket wrote

Pay taxes? You mean pay them with paper? Paper that they print? With a value that THEY put to it?  Technically speaking the value of a $1 bill is the same as a $100 bill, Same amount of paper.

HAHA I think you and I are going to get along very well.

Anyway my point was that intentionally killing the people that pay your salary and for the livelihood of the work that you do will do nothing productive for you and our legislature members know that.

swatspyder

imported post

joeroket wrote:
joeroket wrote:
joeroket wrote

HAHA I think you and I are going to get along very well.

Anyway my point was that intentionally killing the people that pay your salary and for the livelihood of the work that you do will do nothing productive for you and our legislature members know that.
Replacing them with better representatives after they are gone, would be productive, and they do know that.

Cremator75

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
As Workman stated, that it should be no surprise that the politicians in this state was going to do something in a knee-jerk response to the shootings recently.
I don't think it's a knee-jerk response, after all the guy that shot the 4 officers did not use an "assault rifle" but a pistol.

Remember the left never lets a crisis go to waste. It's just a good excuse to try and further their agenda.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Cremator75 wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
As Workman stated, that it should be no surprise that the politicians in this state was going to do something in a knee-jerk response to the shootings recently.
I don't think it's a knee-jerk response, after all the guy that shot the 4 officers did not use an "assault rifle" but a pistol.

Remember the left never lets a crisis go to waste. It's just a good excuse to try and further their agenda.

And the right lets no crisis go to waste to further their agenda.

Yes, the guy did not use an "assault rifle," heck, I can't remember the last time a criminal used an assault rifle, can any of you? The media will print what they print. I see it on even FOX news, the reference to assault rifles, it's quite sad.

I am positive nothing will come of this; just another thing that we all get to pontificate about, that will surely be replaced by some otherpo0litical agendacome next Monday.

In all of this mess that is our government across the nation, at this time *non-partisan* we all need to take a step back, and ask ourselves, what do "they" want to do, and what can "they" do..."they" want to do a lot *on both sides*, but not much is going to be done IMO.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Cremator75 wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

Yes, the guy did not use an "assault rifle," heck, I can't remember the last time a criminal used an assault rifle, can any of you? The media will print what they print. I see it on even FOX news, the reference to assault rifles, it's quite sad.

I am positive nothing will come of this; just another thing that we all get to pontificate about, that will surely be replaced by some otherpo0litical agendacome next Monday.

In all of this mess that is our government across the nation, at this time *non-partisan* we all need to take a step back, and ask ourselves, what do "they" want to do, and what can "they" do..."they" want to do a lot *on both sides*, but not much is going to be done IMO.

Welcome aboard Sylvia! Good point! Look at what we got after 9/11!

Part of the problem is them always wanting to "do something" instead of leaving us alone. We need to stop paying politicians and making it a full time job.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Cremator75 wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

Welcome aboard Sylvia! Good point! Look at what we got after 9/11!

Part of the problem is them always wanting to "do something" instead of leaving us alone. We need to stop paying politicians and making it a full time job.

Thank you for the welcoming.

Unfortunately, I am at the point where I wish, at times, that the system will completely collapse, and force the American People to force politicians to do what we need them to do. Politicians,, on both sides, care nothing but about their political lives; we need to assure our politicians have a quick turn-over rate.