• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kline, Kohl-Welles want your guns!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Thank you for the welcoming.

Unfortunately, I am at the point where I wish, at times, that the system will completely collapse, and force the American People to force politicians to do what we need them to do. Politicians,, on both sides, care nothing but about their political lives; we need to assure our politicians have a quick turn-over rate.
Totally agree, although I don't believe in parties I feel the libertarian party is the closest thing we have in actually stopping Tyranny at the moment.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Thank you for the welcoming.

Unfortunately, I am at the point where I wish, at times, that the system will completely collapse, and force the American People to force politicians to do what we need them to do. Politicians,, on both sides, care nothing but about their political lives; we need to assure our politicians have a quick turn-over rate.
Totally agree, although I don't believe in parties I feel the libertarian party is the closest thing we have in actually stopping Tyranny at the moment.
LOL, you get me a viable Libertarian, and I will show up with my vote.

Solar

imported post

I read somewhere that "assault" weapons only accounted for 1% of 1% of gun related violence in the last thirty years.

Regarding dead taxpayers, that would just give them an excuse to raise taxes on the survivors.

Dave Workman

imported post

Solar wrote:
I read somewhere that "assault" weapons only accounted for 1% of 1% of gun related violence in the last thirty years.

Regarding dead taxpayers, that would just give them an excuse to raise taxes on the survivors.

This thread explains stuff

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/35434.html

And check out my latest Examiner.com column

Facts don't matter to gun prohibitionists

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...al-shows-facts-dont-matter-to-prohibitionists
Or try this

http://tinyurl.com/y9v2fxo

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Solar wrote:

This thread explains stuff

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/35434.html

And check out my latest Examiner.com column

Facts don't matter to gun prohibitionists

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d18-WA-gun-ban-proposal-shows-facts-dont-matter-to-prohibitionists
Or try this

http://tinyurl.com/y9v2fxo

The first paragraph in the Examiner lay it out right there. There are many misconceptions out there regarding firearm self-defense use, i.e. what types are used in self-defense situation.

A few months ago I was looking at ballistics, and began looking into firearm survival rates, and how often the bullet is just left inside the person shot...lots of information out there to read up on, and get a clearer understanding about firearms.

The fact that approximately 80,000 females are sexually assaulted a year is good enough reason for me to have a9mm (frangibles) next to my bed *smile*

Trigger Dr

imported post

Dave,

Were you aware that one week from today will mark 4 months of sobriety for Ted Kennedy?

n16ht5

imported post

So, whos up for an OC picnic with AK's and AR's.???

We need to let these aholes know that we don't take this garbage.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

I'm down if someone can bring an extra, the only thing I have is a Glock 23. Being a broke college student makes it hard for me to drop $1000 on an AR-15

Dave Workman

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:

Are you nuts? I can't imagine that, frankly. I hope you're suggesting this tongue in cheek, amigo.

The best, most effective way to get this bill on the front burner and moving through committee is to pull something like this.

It is quite possible that we have this thing already DOA. Let's make sure it stays that way.

swatspyder

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
n16ht5 wrote:

Are you nuts? I can't imagine that, frankly. I hope you're suggesting this tongue in cheek, amigo.

The best, most effective way to get this bill on the front burner and moving through committee is to pull something like this.

It is quite possible that we have this thing already DOA. Let's make sure it stays that way.
Ok, instead of a gathering of the mean full size AR and AK rifles, how about a gathering of AR Pistols? :lol: Just kidding.

killchain

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
...we need to assure our politicians have a quick turn-over rate.
What? Term limits for Congress? NO! HOW COULD YOU?!

Really. What kind of organization is allowed to vote for their own pay raises and stay in power for life?

The opposite of Progress.

n16ht5

imported post

LOL, yeah, Dave. :lol:

But we do need to do something. I sent emails

killchain

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
killchain wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
...we need to assure our politicians have a quick turn-over rate.
What? Term limits for Congress? NO! HOW COULD YOU?!

Really. What kind of organization is allowed to vote for their own pay raises and stay in power for life?

The opposite of Progress.
regress :celebrate
WHAEVA I SAY WHAT I WANT :p

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Comments left on the corresponding article for KOMO 4 news:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seattle Police Department says there were 32,120 violent crimes in Seattle during 2009 (so far).
http://www.seattle.gov/police/Crime/STATS.HTM

Are we going to ban everything that was used as a weapon MORE times than "assault rifles"?

Such as, well, nearly everything else? Starting with hands and feet which kill nearly 12 times as many as all rifle types combined!

FBI murder by weapon type for Washington on 2008 (newest provided)
Total | Guns | Handguns | Rifles | Shotguns | Other Guns | Knives | Other weapons | Hands, feet, etc.2

190 110 82 2 10 16 32 25 23

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_20.htm...