• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington State firearms ban

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Um, why are you posting a thread, linking to another thread in the very same forum?
Ummm, after I posted the thread, I discoverred that there was already a thread started, so I "edited" this thread. Ummm, are you aware of a "delete" button anywhere on the thread that I may delete this thread?

Metalhead47

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Um, why are you posting a thread, linking to another thread in the very same forum?
Ummm, after I posted the thread, I discoverred that there was already a thread started, so I "edited" this thread. Ummm, are you aware of a "delete" button anywhere on the thread that I may delete this thread?
Ok my bad. Far as I know there's no way to delete threads, think we could use one tho.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I wished at times there was a way to delete threads but have since rethought that.

Many people may post some great things in your thread after added.

Just say oops and carry on.:lol:

tyguy808

imported post

If the original poster replies to the thread, he or she could ask the moderator to remove the thread. Or, you could send the moderator a PM asking the same. John and Mike seem reasonable enough to grant that request. As long as the member doesn't make it a habit. Or like SVG said, "oopsy, and CARRY ON!"

kparker

imported post

Ummm, after I posted the thread, I discoverred that there was already a thread started, so I "edited" this thread.
Sure, that makes perfect sense, and it does happen here with some frequency.

However, the unadorned link is not exactly self-explanatory. How about prefacing it with something simple like:

Oops, there's already a discussion of this here: http://some.where.or.other