• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater December OC Dinner

aquinob1

imported post

Going on leave to GA on the 23rd (will be OC'ing down there ;)).

Put me down for 1!

45acpForMe

imported post

DrMark wrote:
DrMark + 3

45acpForMe -- my daughter wants to know if your daughter will be there.
Well it is my X's night with the girls they won' t be coming barring some misadventure. We are up to 24 peopleso be aware that parking is tight. I had to park in a different parking lot last time but wasn't towed. I hope we can all sit together but if not we can probably fit at two tables.

I figured it would be a small gathering since it is so close to Christmas but it keeps growing. :celebrate It will definitely be the safest restaurant on the Peninsula!

45acpForMe

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Wish I could make it but I just got my tonsils out this morning in Northern VA. I will see you all at the next dinner:)
I got my tonsils out at 20. They tell you that you can "have" all the ice cream you want. What they don't tell you is that you won't "want" any!!! :-(

Hope your pain isn't as bad asmine was. It took me a good week before I wanted to eat anything other than jello.

45acpForMe

imported post

Another good dinner. My voice is hoarse from talking over all the noise. I also got my Chicken Parmesan Sub fix for the month. :) Sorry if I interrupted anyone or jumped around in conversations. So many people to talk with and so little time! :p

It was nice to meet a few new people. IamMick & ForceofWill, I may have been at the Marksman when you were there. I might have been cleaning my gun while you were looking at guns. Seeing you two tonight rattled some memory neurons. I know there will be some others on the forum that would be interested in seeing thoseTommygun wielding leprechauns. Aquino, sorry you missed the dinner.

Wolf Father, congrats on the new daughter. I miss the cute-factor but not the diaper changings! (breath through your mouth, it helps!)

Here are the few pics I took. Havea very Merry Christmas and I will see you after the New Year for another dinner.

aquinob1

imported post

I know!! I'm officially on leave tomorrow moning at 0700 so I had a lot of paperwork to take care of and pass down for while i'm gone. Didn't get of until 5 and crashed when I got home.

No worries, i'll be back on the 6th, will try to make the next event wheather it's a litler pick-up, city hall mtg, etc. Or a dinner (bring one to Norfolk or VA Beach!! lol).

Heading to Wal-Mart in about an hr to get a new duffle bag for my trip (OC of course).

wolf-father

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Another good dinner. My voice is hoarse from talking over all the noise. I also got my Chicken Parmesan Sub fix for the month. :) Sorry if I interrupted anyone or jumped around in conversations. So many people to talk with and so little time! :p

It was nice to meet a few new people. IamMick & ForceofWill, I may have been at the Marksman when you were there. I might have been cleaning my gun while you were looking at guns. Seeing you two tonight rattled some memory neurons. I know there will be some others on the forum that would be interested in seeing thoseTommygun wielding leprechauns. Aquino, sorry you missed the dinner.

Wolf Father, congrats on the new daughter. I miss the cute-factor but not the diaper changings! (breath through your mouth, it helps!)

Here are the few pics I took. Havea very Merry Christmas and I will see you after the New Year for another dinner.
Thanks for the advice. I am slowly getting my diaper changeing times back. (and not get a baby shower) Thanks for putting the dinner together. This was somewhat my gun comeing out with the family. Kids did not know I had guns.

45acpForMe

imported post

wolf-father wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I am slowly getting my diaper changeing times back. (and not get a baby shower) Thanks for putting the dinner together. This was somewhat my gun comeing out with the family. Kids did not know I had guns.
Little boys are the rain-makers not little girls! :lol:

I had my guns for about 6 months before I let my daughters know. I got a gun-locker from Walmart for $99 and it was kind of hard to not notice. Your kids are still very young so I don't know how much you plan to introduce them to the guns but I find if kids are exposed to guns in a safe manner it reduces the curiosity that kills cats in the future.

I had a talk with my girls a long time ago about finding a gun especially atany of theirfriends houses. I can only protect them so much and they need to help me by treating guns with deadly respect.

God bless & have a Merry Christmas! Your best present came a month or two early.

wolf-father

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
wolf-father wrote:
Little boys are the rain-makers not little girls! :lol:

I had my guns for about 6 months before I let my daughters know. I got a gun-locker from Walmart for $99 and it was kind of hard to not notice. Your kids are still very young so I don't know how much you plan to introduce them to the guns but I find if kids are exposed to guns in a safe manner it reduces the curiosity that kills cats in the future.

I had a talk with my girls a long time ago about finding a gun especially atany of theirfriends houses. I can only protect them so much and they need to help me by treating guns with deadly respect.

God bless & have a Merry Christmas! Your best present came a month or two early.
My girls have got me more times. I have done the speeches about never touching them. And like with nerf guns to never point them at people becouse if you do it with fakes it would me likely to do it with a real one. The funny thing is the youngest boy told the others not to touch daddys gun when we were getting ready to leave/