• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater December OC Dinner

45acpForMe

imported post

Anyone up for a last-minute pre-Christmast OC dinner at Vinny's in Newport News Tuesday12/22 7pm? My daughters don't have dance class that week so I can make a rare Tuesday appearance.

I've got a hankering for their Chicken Parmasan Sub.

Edited to add address: Vinny's Pizza and Pasta, 748 J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=748+J.+Clyde+Morris+Blvd+Newport+News%2C+VA+23601

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man I'm gonna miss another one :cry:. I can't make it as I'm leaving for Texas Saturday.
I'm going to miss being able to OC. But at least I will be able to carry. Y'all have a good time and a Merry CHRISTMAS.

45acpForMe

imported post

[align=left]I figure that this dinner will be smaller than most since we are so close to Christmas. Let me know (via posting) as your maybe's change to definites so I can call in a reservation count. And KimberCarrier I know how you feel, I missed a couple in a row last month. :-(
[/align]

45acpForMe

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Anyone up for a last-minute pre-Christmast OC dinner at Vinny's in Newport News Tuesday12/22 7pm?
We should pick a date so we can invite the Sheriff by Friday(tomorrow).
I did pick a date. I had edited the original post a while ago.

I think this is going to be a small crowd so another dinner may be better to invite the sheriff but you can invite him if you wish.

darthmord

imported post

I doubt we'll be able to make it to the peninsula yet again. The last Tidewater OCDO was up there. Not really up for another trip through the tunnel, especially at that time of day.

45acpForMe

imported post

darthmord wrote:
I doubt we'll be able to make it to the peninsula yet again. The last Tidewater OCDO was up there. Not really up for another trip through the tunnel, especially at that time of day.
I understand. When I thought about the post I couldn't get the Chik-parmesan sub out of my head so I picked Vinny's. You can always hold one on the southside too.

If we get homebound for a few days with this storm maybe more people will be ready to get OUT and meet for dinner. :)

45acpForMe

imported post

Ok here is what we have so far. I can call in a reservation Monday.
Let me know if the numbers are correct (wives/girlfriends/roomates/kids)

1 - 45acpForMe
1 - simmmonsjoe
2 - fully_armed_biker (please confirm)
1 - ForceofWill
1 - 6L6GC
1 - IamMick
1 - GQflyboy
2 - 2a4all
---------------------
10 total

45acpForMe

imported post

Ok here is what we have so far.
I can call in a reservation Monday.

1 - 45acpForMe
1 - simmonsjoe
2 - fully_armed_biker
1 - ForceofWill
1 - 6L6GC
1 - IamMick
1 - GQflyboy
2 - 2a4all
3 - VAman49
6 - wolf-father
---------------------
19 total

Looks like a great mix of OC-dinner-seasoned
and OC-dinner-newbies. Should be fun.

45acpForMe

imported post

Ok I called the restaurant and told them that we would be expecting around 20 people at 7pm tomorrow.

They said that they usually don't take reservationsbut they will try to get the tables together. I will try to get there early if I can but just found out some scheduling issues with my ex-wife. If anyone gets there before I do just tell them that you are part of the group and the reservation is in my name Jim Prince.

Chicken Parmesan Sub here I come....