• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I saw one, I saw one, a genuine female Unicorn !

irish_ironsight

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Vir
imported post

So there I was on yesterday afternoon out for a walk around town, just as I was walking by the Dollar Store here in Keyser WV and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a middle aged woman (kinda cute too, but dont tell my wife I said that) in jeans and a red sweat top trying to heard a bunch of school age kids into a minivan, and there for all the world to see a small snub nosed revolver in a cheapo nylon holster at her 2 o'clock...

Unfortunately I didn't get to say hello, she looked somewhat strained dealing with the kids, actually she look mad enough to draw on one of them..

But they are out there......... keep your eyes open folk's !

marlin336

imported post

Well, the nerve of this woman! How dare she have an evil firearm that close to children! Did you call the police? :D

I've been looking and rarely see anyone OC in the Charleston area.

amigaman

imported post

marlin336 wrote:
Well, the nerve of this woman! How dare she have an evil firearm that close to children! Did you call the police? :D

I've been looking and rarely see anyone OC in the Charleston area.
Marlin,
You so funny!!! My lovely wife is one of the invisible Unicorns here in North Central WV and South Western PA, but she only CC's so you won't see her coming even if you tried. I OC when appropriate but typically I am a CC'er as most places I go it is just in better taste to CC such as Church. I have seen a few lady unicorns in my life and they usually can be found at gun ranges, if you hang out long enough that is.