• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey Bloomberg, How's that Gun Control thing working for ya?

Dreamer

imported post

Two men barged into a Tobacco shop, and opened fire on Wednesay, in broad daylight, injuring two employees:

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/3513366.php?contentType=4&contentId=3228437

And today (Thursday), at least four people were shot and killed and more injured in the same part of town (Upper West Side of Manhattan):

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/manhattan/091217-fatal-shooting-on-upper-west-side

http://nypostonline.com/p/news/loca...per_west_side_shooting_d5xVAE4WCAU85XUZjqUgZL

The City of New York needs to allow it's law-abiding citizens to CC and OC. NOW!

The only people who are kept safe by "gun control" are the thugs...

rodbender

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
with this recent violence, it is obvious that NYC just needs more gun control laws.

That should solve the problem!
Yep, teach the citizens how to control the gun so they can hit the bad guy when they squeeze the trigger.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Here's a classic case of why depending on the police alone is folly:

A few years ago there was a nice little convenience store called the "Huntington Market" right across N Kings Highway from the Huntington Metro station. It is in a double strip shopping center and, signifigntly the Metro Transit Police headquarters for Virginia is also directly across the street. Metro Police officers came in frequently for coffee, soft drinks and such. It was run by a very nice Vietnamese family who were very attentive to business and kept customers happy.

One fine day, a black male walked into the store and announced his intentions by firing a shot into the checkout counter. :what: He quickly emptied the register and petty cash box and disappeared into the Metro where he could have taken a train, grabbed his car out iof the garage, or exited on the lower level into the neighborhoods, etc. And that is not the worst part. While he was robbing the Market, the police were investigating his last robbery, which had taken place ten minutes beforehand at the Latina Bodega not 100 yards away!!

So even with the police right across the street and the cops swarming, this germ still managed to pull a SECOND robbery. :shock:

Our Vietnamese friends sold out to a group of very sullen Koreans who wore rubber gloves all the time and who did not keep up the store. Now it's just another boring, inefficient 7-11.

When seconds count (and apparently even when the cops are within 100 yards) the police are only minutes away....

old dog

imported post

Perhaps New York should institute a strict licensing law to control firearms possession.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Maybe the Mayor should go ion a crusade across the country performing straw purchases of his own to 'prove' how possible it is to break the law. I mean, since robbery and murder are already against the law, it must not be happening...

Isn't it ironic that he proves how easily the law is broken, and then points tot he need for some more laws.... Even while the events the OP brought to us are all against the law, too.....

Maybe what Bloomberg needs is a law against breaking the law? Maybe if robbery and murder were MORE illegal than they already are, maybe that would help?

If it weren't illegal, I'd bitchslap him... Oh, wait.... Does that mean I can? I don't know, it's all so confusing......