• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL renewal

jeeper1

imported post

It took just 5 days here in Clallam County. Much faster than I expected.

heresolong

imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
It took just 5 days here in Clallam County. Much faster than I expected.
31 days in Blaine. I will be speaking to the Chief of Police and the City Manager after Christmas.

Bo

imported post

Same day renewal if you go in, in person at the Kitsap Co. Sheriff's Office (main office in P.O.). Wife was in and out in 30 minutes!

kito109654

imported post

jinj wrote:
Sounds like a money making permit fee more and more.

How long before one expires are we allowed to renew it?

It comes out to $11/year. For the paperwork that is handled, it's not that much. The outrage is that we need the permit at all.

5 years. You can renew a couple months early if my memory serves me correctly.

killchain

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
jinj wrote:
Sounds like a money making permit fee more and more.

How long before one expires are we allowed to renew it?

It comes out to $11/year. For the paperwork that is handled, it's not that much. The outrage is that we need the permit at all.

5 years. You can renew a couple months early if my memory serves me correctly.
My addled mind wants to say you can do it as far as a year out. But I may be wrong.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Concealed Pistol License fees are listed below. Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
  • $55.25 for an original application
  • $32.00 for a renewal (up to 90 days PRIOR to expiration)
  • $42.00 for a late renewal (up to 90 days AFTER expiration)
  • $10.00 for a replacement
FYI - Just learned this today cause I wanted 2 yrs worth of tabs: 6 months for car tabs PRIOR to expiration.

jeeper1

imported post

According to the literature they gave me you can start the renewal process up to 90 days before your current CPL expires.