• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So called "assault weapon" ban proposed for Wisconsin

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ban Assault weapons now.

Let me begin by saying that I am a gun owner and avid hunter and I do believe that every American has the right to own guns. However, the recent murder of another local police officer by an assailant using an assault weapon should be the last straw.
Assault rifles are designed with a single purpose -- to kill human beings. They are weapons of war. Assault weapons belong only in the hands of the military. These guns have no role in peaceful society.
It is time for Congress to ban the sale and ownership of fully automatic weapons. This cannot happen until the National Rifle Association (NRA) abandons its obstructionist policies.
The NRA brandishes the Second Amendment to the Constitution as its silver hammer to quash any argument that any type of restriction on gun ownership be allowed. What the NRA too often fails to acknowledge is the complete wording of the Second Amendment and the context of when it was written. It reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Funny how the NRA always seems to forget those first two phrases. Keep in mind that when the Constitution was written, the Revolutionary War had recently ended and the weapon of the day was a single-shot long rifle.
Too many in Congress have taken money from the NRA for a ban on assault weapons to ever come about. The only hope we have of this happening depends on enough people expressing their outrage when courageous police officers are mercilessly gunned down by people using assault rifles.
How many more police officers must die before Congress does the right thing?
James J. Menegazzi
Mt. Lebanon

P.S. Before some says that this has nothing to do with OC. read the text of the Assault weapons ban re authorization act of 2008 , semi auto pistols, shotguns & rifles all deemed Assault weapons.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I want you all to see that I start a new thread about something compltely different & Master Doug has to be the first in to be a troll.

Of course you will all jump on me for bashing him, right ?

and someone here will stick up for him

Doug, if you enjoy being a troll, do it someplace else :banghead:
Swallow my anger ? Trust me old man, you don't want non of this.

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][/font]

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flipper wrote:
It could get worse here. Read the Glock Talk post by LanceOregon. Pennsylvania prohibits semiauto rifles or pistols for hunting.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14361498

When Doyle was AG, he was pushing to limit all firearms in Wisconsin to a single shot. Remember this guy was elected to two terms as AG and Governor. Someone agrees with him.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=3098435&BRD=1132&PAG=461&dept_id=157660&rfi=6
the liberals do & they fund him...but Obama is rubbing alot people the wrong way & making democrats look bad, as they should. next year we will have a Republican Governor that I hope won't give anti gun bills the light of day.

imported post

McX wrote:
Ban assault weapons? When every chain gun place in the US is pushing them? When you can chimp them on the web? When they're already everywhere? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Now chain guns are assault weapons.

It is significant that during firing of 101,343 rounds not one jam or stoppage occurred due to loss of round control in the gun or feeder mechanism... [this] is in our experience very unusual in any weapon of any caliber or type.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wow, this post went so far off subject in the shortest amount of time ever. Rail guns ? and Dougy the masters incoherent babbling....gee whiz guys, can we stay just a little bit on subject.
Hey, doug, why don't you start your own thread & discuss meaning less stuff There, keep fantasy land for General discussion.

I was attempting to keep this thread about , A new Assault weapon bans effect on OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sigh - If it wasn't for spam and trolls what would some of us do.

Come on guys, get serious, take your meds and get some sleep. :?

Tomorrow will be a better day....I hope.

Yata hey

Carcharodon

imported post

"Assault weapons belong only in the hands of the military. These guns have no role in peaceful society."

Then why the f*ck do I see coppers with AR style rifles? I know they dont want to admit it but po-lice are not military.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
time maybe to turn the thread. we got some potentially serious poop to discuss; just came across the Cnn news feed ticker; iran "invaded" and took over a southern iraq oil field. and so it starts again. bet $5 our government wont' do squat.
I just turned CNN on and Nothing about this, Fox is the same...why are they not talking about it ?:( this would be HUGE news.

imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091218/wl_afp/iraqiranoilborder_20091218153543

NASIRIYAH, Iraq (AFP) – Iranian forces took control of a southern Iraqi oil well on a disputed section of the border on Friday, US and Iraqi officials told AFP.
"There has been no violence related to this incident and we trust this will be resolved through peaceful diplomacy between the governments of Iraq and Iran," a US military spokesman told AFP at Contingency Operating Base Adder, just outside the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriyah.
"The oil field is in disputed territory in between Iranian and Iraqi border forts," he said, adding that such incidents occur quite frequently.
An official of the state-owned South Oil Co in the southeastern city of Amara, and west of the field, said: "An Iranian force arrived at the field early this morning (Friday).
"It took control of Well 4 and raised the Iranian flag even though the well lies in Iraqi territory," the official added.
"An oil ministry delegation is to travel to the area on Saturday to assess the situation."
The national security council was due to hold an emergency meeting on Friday chaired by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, Iraqi state television said quoting the minister of state for national security, Shirwan al-Waili.
The council also groups the ministers of interior, defence, foreign affairs, justice and finance.
Well 4 lies in the Fauqa Field, part of a cluster of fields Iraq unsuccessfully put up for auction to oil majors in June. The field has estimated reserves of 1.55 million barrels.
The field is about 500 metres (yards) from an Iranian border fort and about 1 kilometre from an Iraqi border fort, US Colonel Peter Newell said, adding that it falls on the Iraqi side of a border agreed between the two countries.
There are five other similar fields that also fall into disputed territory, he said.
"What happens is, periodically, about every three or four months, the oil ministry guys from Iraq will go ... to fix something or do some maintenance. They'll paint it in Iraqi colours and throw an Iraqi flag up.
"They'll hang out there for a while, until they get tired, and as soon as they go away, the Iranians come down the hill and paint it Iranian colours and raise an Iranian flag. It happened about three months ago and it will probably happen again."
He added that the Iraqis are "very concerned about the Iranians pulling oil out of fields underneath Iraq."
Iran has prevented Iraqi oil officials from reaching the well in the past, an industry source said. The Iraqis have accused Iran of firing on their people, something Tehran has denied.
There have been a number of meetings in recent years aimed at reaching agreement on border fields, so far without success.