• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I went to the meeting this morning

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

NavyLT wrote:

But I really need to get one of those pistol grip thingies that will aim the weapon for me while I am shooting from the hip! That sounds really cooL!

You can't do that! That is not appropriate for "hunting deer", which is what firearms are supposed to be used for! According to the folks at the meeting. Sigh, another detail I forgot to put in the OP. "Deer hunting", you don't need an AR-15 for that!

GOD I WAS PANICKING IN THE MORNING, I WISH I HAD A RECORDER, SUCH SHORT NOTICE UGH.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
NavyLT wrote:

But I really need to get one of those pistol grip thingies that will aim the weapon for me while I am shooting from the hip! That sounds really cooL!

You can't do that! That is not appropriate for "hunting deer", which is what firearms are supposed to be used for! According to the folks at the meeting. Sigh, another detail I forgot to put in the OP. "Deer hunting", you don't need an AR-15 for that!

GOD I WAS PANICKING IN THE MORNING, I WISH I HAD A RECORDER, SUCH SHORT NOTICE UGH.
Not even legal to hunt deer with an AR-15.... the anti-gunners and hunter haters of this State have been restricting us for years now (since the 1960s) and they won't stop until every single thing we do INCLUDING BREATHING is taxed and controlled.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Not even legal to hunt deer with an AR-15.... the anti-gunners and hunter haters of this State have been restricting us for years now (since the 1960s) and they won't stop until every single thing we do INCLUDING BREATHING is taxed and controlled.
Hunters are freakin restricted to certain firearms to use to hunt meat??? Seriously, these antis need to have it stapled to their head. This is not about safety, this is DISCRIMINATION of appearance.....

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Poosharker, I hope to shake your hand one day, good job. We need more young people to get riled up about this and a lot of other issues. My hat is off to you. Next time you will do even better. Go get them, you are in good company.

Orphan

Lammo

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
BTW, if you didn't know, in Washington no law enforcement officer may enter your home without a search warrant, no matter what they say. That is RCW 10.79.040

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=10.79.040:

RCW 10.79.040
Search without warrant unlawful — Penalty.
[/b](1) It shall be unlawful for any policeman or other peace officer to enter and search any private dwelling house or place of residence without the authority of a search warrant issued upon a complaint as by law provided.

(2) Any policeman or other peace officer violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
SNIP
I deal with search and seizure issues on a daily basis and the statute you cite has never been raised in any of my cases. It only forbids search without a warrant, not entry. There are all sorts of ways for law enforcement to enter homes without a warrant.The primary means is the welfare check/community caretaking function. If the entry is not to conduct a search any contraband seen during the entry is subject to seizure. That would include anybanned firearms in plain viewif they ever get this garbage passed. In any event, I wouldn't put it past the forces of darkness and evil behind this kind of junk to enact an exception for entry to check on the safe storage of firearms, which would follow after legislation to require safe storage.

kito109654

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
NavyLT wrote:

Cite, thanks.

kito109654

imported post

Lammo wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
BTW, if you didn't know, in Washington no law enforcement officer may enter your home without a search warrant, no matter what they say. That is RCW 10.79.040

RCW 10.79.040
[/b](1) It shall be unlawful for any policeman or other peace officer to enter and search any private dwelling house or place of residence without the authority of a search warrant issued upon a complaint as by law provided.

(2) Any policeman or other peace officer violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
SNIP
I deal with search and seizure issues on a daily basis and the statute you cite has never been raised in any of my cases. It only forbids search without a warrant, not entry. There are all sorts of ways for law enforcement to enter homes without a warrant.The primary means is the welfare check/community caretaking function. If the entry is not to conduct a search any contraband seen during the entry is subject to seizure. That would include anybanned firearms in plain viewif they ever get this garbage passed. In any event, I wouldn't put it past the forces of darkness and evil behind this kind of junk to enact an exception for entry to check on the safe storage of firearms, which would follow after legislation to require safe storage.
if you believe what you wrote, read it again.

joeroket

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
A sheriff going door to door to check on weapons?!?  WTF!  Not in this lifetime. 

This sounds like Kolle-Wells at work. She had this same thing in another bill that had zero support but her and Kline last session. Not even Lovick, knowing he was going to be the next Sheriff, was for giving anyone the right to enter your home at their will.

I pray that they do put this stipulation in the bill because it will mean zero support again.

kito109654

imported post

joeroket wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
A sheriff going door to door to check on weapons?!? WTF! Not in this lifetime.

This sounds like Kolle-Wells at work. She had this same thing in another bill that had zero support but her and Kline last session. Not even Lovick, knowing he was going to be the next Sheriff, was for giving anyone the right to enter your home at their will.

I pray that they do put this stipulation in the bill because it will mean zero support again.
Though I don't see eye to eye with him on many topics, Lovick seems to have his head on. He's no nutcase.

joeroket

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
A sheriff going door to door to check on weapons?!?  WTF!  Not in this lifetime. 

Though I don't see eye to eye with him on many topics, Lovick seems to have his head on.  He's no nutcase. 

You are very correct on that one. He is a much better Sheriff than he was a rep, thank god.

joeroket

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
Lammo wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
BTW, if you didn't know, in Washington no law enforcement officer may enter your home without a search warrant, no matter what they say.  That is RCW 10.79.040

RCW 10.79.040

SNIP
I deal with search and seizure issues on a daily basis and the statute you cite has never been raised in any of my cases.  It only forbids search without a warrant, not entry.  There are all sorts of ways for law enforcement to enter homes without a warrant.   The primary means is the welfare check/community caretaking function.  If the entry is not to conduct a search any contraband seen during the entry is subject to seizure.  That would include any banned firearms in plain view if they ever get this garbage passed.   In any event, I wouldn't put it past the forces of darkness and evil behind this kind of junk to enact an exception for entry to check on the safe storage of firearms, which would follow after legislation to require safe storage.

What he wrote is entirely correct. The statute does not allow them to enter and search. Simply entering is not in violation of this statute. However if they have no authority to enter then anything they find is going to be, providing the defendant has a competent attorney, found to be fruits of the poisonous tree.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yeah!!!! You did good brother. Wish I could have been there.

Way to give them hell. I definately look forward to meeting you at one of next meets.

Agood example of why 21 shouldn't be the age of carry, he can vote, he can fight for his country, drive a car make many other life decisions as an adult yet can't have a beer or protect himself with a pistol.

kito109654

imported post

joeroket wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Lammo wrote:
NavyLT wrote:

RCW 10.79.040

SNIP

What he wrote is entirely correct. The statute does not allow them to enter and search. Simply entering is not in violation of this statute. However if they have no authority to enter then anything they find is going to be, providing the defendant has a competent attorney, found to be fruits of the poisonous tree.
My disagreement has qualifications. Yes, you're right, and I misunderstood part of it before. I've been researching this for the last hour or so.

joeroket

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
My disagreement has qualifications.  Yes, you're right, and I misunderstood part of it before.  I've been researching this for the last hour or so. 

Been there and done that. It is a long process researching that subject and there are many interesting court cases at both the state and federal level that bring new light into the issue all the time.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I am finally home in Tukwila, I want to thank you guys for giving me more motivation with your responses and I definitely look forward to meeting you guys/gals at an upcoming meet. Sorry I can't thank you individually, but there will be the time for that, as my brain has been mushie due to no sleep in the last 30 damn long cruel hours. I am going to sleep good tonight, knowing I stepped up even if it was just a little bit to that jerk kline...huh...jerk-line! :lol:

Oh and to gogodawgs,
I had a feeling about that post, read the url, still got fooled into clicking it, and comcast told me it doesn't exist! Fix your link next time! ;)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Oh and to gogodawgs,
I had a feeling about that post, read the url, still got fooled into clicking it, and comcast told me it doesn't exist! Fix your link next time! ;)

Read what it says....I was just trying to be funny.... nope the link does not exist...haha!

:banghead: